𝒄𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓 𝒕𝒘𝒆𝒏𝒕𝒚-𝒔𝒊𝒙

CHAPTER TWENTY-SIX

THOMAS and Minho explained what just happened out in the maze as Newt and some other boys including Gally followed behind listening in. "Wait, whoa, whoa. You're saying you found the griever's home? And you want us to go in?" Chuck pushed himself in between Thomas and Katherine. 

"Their way in could be our way out, Chuck," Thomas responded. 

"Yeah, or there could be a dozen other grievers on the other side." Katherine rolled her eyes, hearing Gally's voice. As always he was doubting Thomas. Of course, Gally was coming from his point of view on things. There was nothing wrong with that. Katherine just wished Gally would understand that it takes huge risks to get out. 

"The truth is, Thomas doesn't know what he's done, as usual," Gally shouted. Thomas whipped around facing Gally angrily. 

"Yeah well, at least I did something, Gally. I mean, what have you done, huh? Aside from hiding behind these walls all the time." Thomas spat back. Newt, Minho and Katherine all stood behind Thomas. The girl had her arms crossed over her chest a small smirk resting on her face looking smugly at Gally. 

"Let me tell you something, greenie. You've been here three days, all right. I've been here three years." Thomas cut off Gally. 

"Yeah, you've been here three years and you're still here, Gally. All right, so what does that tell you? Maybe you should start doing things a little differently." Thomas countered. He had a good point. 

"Maybe you should be in charge, Thomas. What about that? Maybe you should be in charge." Gally spat. Anyone could see the veins popping out of their necks and temples. Gally's face was growing red and Thomas was yelling. 

"Guys. Hey! It's Alby! He's awake." Teresa spoke up from beside the group, grabbing everyone's attention. 

"Has he said anything?" Minho questioned as they walked in. 

"No," Teresa responded. Newt walked in front of the boy as Alby just sat there looking into the abyss with an emotionless face. 

"Alby?" Newt questioned softly. Katherine crouched down beside Alby, her hand on his knee. 

"Alby? You ok?" She was hesitant, but Alby seemed calm. A little too calm. His lip quivered as Katherine moved in front of him. "Hey, Alby. It's Katherine." She said softly. 

"Careful, love," Newt said remembering what happened the previous night. She nodded with a short glance at the Brit. 

"We might have just found a way to get out of the maze. You hear me? We could be getting outta here." She said looking into his empty eyes. 

Alby shook his head weakly. "We can't." He spoke so softly Katherine almost missed it. "We can't leave. They won't let us." He looked like tears were about to pour from his eyes.