𝒄𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓 𝒔𝒊𝒙𝒕𝒆𝒆𝒏

CHAPTER SIXTEEN

THE gladers were preparing for the bonfire as Minho sat on Katherine's bed beside her as she played the guitar practising the song she was going to perform that night. He sat with a smile on his face as he watched his girlfriend sing softly strumming her guitar with her eyes closed.

"Hey, time to go. They're gonna start." Minho said placing his hand over hers. She stopped and looked at the boy. She smiled and kissed him on the lips before standing up, keeping her smaller hand in his large one.

The couple made their way to the bonfire seeing the gladers gathered around, the greenie standing by some logs. Minho was serious again and Katherine hated seeing him so serious because whenever they were alone, he was always so happy and smiling.

The keepers threw in their spears with the fire glowing at the tips. The large pile of logs lit up in the orange flames, the glow casting over Katherine's face just right making Minho stare in awe. She smiled at him as the other runners quickly came by Minho. They all liked to hang around each other, Katherine just tagging along. The runners werent bothered by it, but just saw her as apart of their friend group.

Everyone was so happy and cheering. Smiles danced on their faces as gladers drank Gally's moonshine as they danced around. Everyone was excited for Katherine to sing again.

      Katherine was smiling widely as Newt grabbed her hand and brought her up to dance. He spun her around as she had a large grin on her face.

Minho watched with a small smile. He loved seeing his girlfriend all smiley and happy. He trusted her with all his heart and she trusted him. Minho knew Newt was like a brother to her and he wasn't worried about her dancing around with Newt.

The greenie sat alone, facing away from the party. Katherine noticed and pointed it out to Newt. "You should go talk to him. He looks lonely." She said, her eyes on the new boy. Newt looked over and nodded.

"Can't wait to hear you sing, love." He grinned before heading over to the boy, the girl grinning. Katherine turned and walked towards Minho. She locked eyes with the boy and smiled brightly immediately.

As Newt sat with the greenie, he explained some of the stuff from the maze, which led to the runners. They both turned and the brunette boy found his eyes looking over the crowd. "You see those guys, there by the fire? Those are the runners. And that guy in middle there, that's Minho." The greenie looked at the boy Newt was talking about. He saw Katherine walk up to him with a grin on her face.

"And Katherine?" He asked Newt with raised eyebrows. The Brit shook his head with a small smile on his face thinking about the girl. She was like his little sister.

The said girl sat down on Minho's lap and wrapped her arm around his neck. He slipped his arm around her waist and the other in front, his hands clasped together holding the girl close. She smiled as she talked to other gladers, Minho kissing her cheek every now and then. "Minho and Katherine are together. Minho is incredibly overprotective of her and so am I, she's like my little sister. She's off limits, here me, greenie?" Newt warned.