𝒄𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓 𝒇𝒊𝒇𝒕𝒆𝒆𝒏

━ CHAPTER FIFTEEN

THE two stood on the top level of the lookout, both leaning against the wooden railing looking over the Glade. "This all we got. We've worked hard for it. And if you respect it, I'm sure you won't have any problems." Katherine looked at the boy with a small smile. 

"What's out there?" The green bean asked, his eyes fixated on the open doors leading into the maze. Katherine looked through the doors as the boy looked down at the girl waiting for her answer. Katherine's mind went straight to Minho. She thought of how he was running out there, risking his life. 

The girl sighed and shifted, shaking the thoughts of Minho getting hurt--or worse. "We've got three rules here. One, you do your part. We can't just have people not doing their job, or all this wouldn't even be here. Second, never harm another glader. We won't get anywhere if we don't trust each other. And most importantly, never go beyond those walls." Katherine had her serious face on as the greenie kept his eyes on her. "You understand?" She questioned in a firm tone. The greenie nodded.

"Katherine?" A high pitched called from below. The girl smiled and looked over the edge seeing Chuck. She grinned as he waved at her. She gave one back. 

"Hey, Chuck! I haven't seen you all day! I missed you!" She called back. The two made their way down to Chuck and the girl introduced the greenie and Chuck. "You get to hang out with the green bean. I gotta get back to the kitchen." She grinned. Katherine walked away, ruffling Chuck's curly hair as she walked towards the kitchen. 

Katherine called goodbye over her shoulder as the green bean kept his eyes on her retreating small figure. Chuck pulled the boy away and towards the hammocks. Katherine made it back to the kitchen and she realized that it was almost time for Minho to get back. Frypan rolled his eyes seeing her puppy dog eyes. "Go on. You're lucky I can't get enough of yours and Minho's relationship." He finished in a warning expression with a hint of teasingly tone in his voice. 

The brunette squealed and took off. She saw the green bean walking towards the doors. The girl groaned as she sprinted past Chuck and stopped in front of the greenie. "And where do you think you're going, green bean?" She raised an eyebrow, her hands placed on her hips. He looked down at her with his brows scrunched together. 

"I just want to see." He nodded towards the doors and walked around the girl. 

"If you take one step to far, don't be too shocked when I pull you back by your ear." She sighed, her arms crossing over her chest as she followed the curly-headed boy and greenie. 

"Yeah, she can easily take you down. She may be small, but boy can she fight." Chuck explained dramatically. "Just remember, you can look around all you want, but you better not go in there."