𝒄𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓 𝒕𝒆𝒏

CHAPTER TEN

HE wasn't there and it scared her. Minho hadn't come back to Glade yet, and the doors were going to close any second. Clint had dragged her back to the med-hut to clean and change the bandage on her arm from an incident that happened a few days back. The girl had cut her arm on broken glass trying to get something. 

She sat anxiously as he cleaned her wounds. He began to wrap them again, glancing at the girl every once and while. Her eyebrows were pulled together, anxiety and worry present on her face. She always glanced back at the North doors where Minho would exit the maze back into the Glade. 

Just as the boy finished Katherine heard people cheering just as the doors rumbled. She leaped off the bed and sprinted as fast she could to the north doors. The boys cleared a path by the doors and she could see Minho completely out of breath emerge from the path. 

Katherine pushed her legs to run faster. Minho caught sight of the girl and stood up straight. The brunette crashed into his embrace. He wrapped his arms around her waist tightly and lifted her off the ground. "You scared me..." She breathed out, relief flooding her entire body. 

"I didn't mean to." He whispered in her ear. The gladers stood watching the two. Minho kissed her temple and loosened his grip, her feet hitting the ground. She looked up at him but didn't let go. She was so scared he wouldn't make it back. "You know I would never leave you." He smiled slightly to reassure the girl. 

"You better not. If you're gone, I'm gone." She shook her head slightly. By now the gladers cleared out to let them have their moment. Katherine grabbed the boy's shirt collar and pulled him down to her height. She pressed her lips to his. 

"How's your arm." Minho wasn't too happy to hear that Katherine had cut her arm and decided to stay by her as much as possible. She smiled. 

"Good. Clint just finished cleaning and wrapping it." She responded as they walked towards the forest. Katherine always waited outside for Minho to finish his maps. She used to do it sometimes when Newt couldn't hang out, but now she started doing it every day.  

"You know, you really should be more careful." Minho grinned and shook his head. Katherine scoffed and rolled her eyes. 

"Says you! You barely made it out of the maze." She pushed Minho with her shoulder. He pushed her back. 

"Well, I made it didn't I?" He raised his eyebrows. The girl sighed and nodded. They had arrived at the map room and Minho smiled before going inside. Katherine leaned against the wall beside the door and slid down to sit on the ground. 

The girl sat with her forearms resting on her knees. She leaned her head against the wall behind her. Another runner, she wasn't sure who had jogged up and a single nod to greet her. She returned the gesture. 

She waited a while longer and as she closed her eyes and waited for Minho to finish so they could cuddle together since they were both tired. Katherine heard faint talking, but couldn't make out the words. The faint talking sounded like it became arguing. Even then she couldn't hear the two, but she knew it was Minho and that runner. 

Katherine stood up and peered at the door. She looked over her shoulder, chewing on her lip as she turned back and slowly reached for the door handle. As fingers grazed against the knob, a large hand grabbed her wrist roughly. 

The brunette let out a small gasp, startled. The boy pulled her wrist to face him. It was Gally. Why is Gally out here? She asked herself. Her eyebrows furrowed as she peered up at the tall boy. "What do you think your doin', Shank?" He asked. And he sounded angry. 

"They're arguing in there. I was goin' to see if everything was ok." She spat, ripping her wrist from his grasp. She glared at him and he glared right back. 

"You ain't a runner. You can't go in there." He shook his head once, annoyance present in his deep voice. 

"I may not be a runner, but if I can prevent a fight, you better believe I will, Shank." Gally scoffed and rolled his eyes. 

"You? Stopping a fight?" The boy crossed his arms over his chest. Katherine squinted at the teen, offended that he thought she couldn't fight back. 

"Oh, I'm sorry, do you think I can't stop a fight?" She folded her arms. Gally smirked down at her. He seemed to find joy in annoying the small girl. 

"I know you can't."

"If I can take you down. I can stop a fight." She cocked her brow, knowing she was right. Gally rolled his eyes. 

"I told you I would go easy on you, and I did." The boy rolled his eyes, a bored expression on his face. Oh, how she hated his smug facial expression. 

"Really? Is that what you tell yourself to make yourself feel better? Because you're embarrassed that a girl beat you in a fight. One that you actually tried to fight back and don't say you didn't because everyone could tell you did." She smirked knowing that if she didn't get under his skin earlier, she definitely did now. 

"Keep tellin' yourself that. I could beat you in a fight any day." Gally scoffed. Katherine mocked him with a smirk on her face. "You are so shucking annoying! You think that because you're a girl, you get special privileges? Well, you don't." Gally sneered stepping closer to the girl, making her back up into the wall. 

Gally's face was red with anger, his voice rising. "You think I'm annoying? You should take a look at you! You're so full of yourself and your ego is twice as big as you!" She shouted back in his face. 

Minho and the other runner burst out the door of the map room. The two teens snapped their heads towards the two runners. Minho glanced between the two. Katherine death-glared Gally. "Shucking, slinthead." She muttered. The two glared at each other, both angered by each other.

"Girls..." Gally grumbled under his breath, glaring daggers at Katherine. Minho put his hand on Gally's chest and pushed him a good distance away from the girl. The builder smirked slyly at Katherine so only she noticed it. "Need your boyfriend to come and save you?"

"That's it. You're dead!" She charged at Gally but Minho was faster to the girl. He quickly wrapped his arms around her waist, throwing her over his shoulder and carried her away from the builder. Katherine glared at Gally. The other runner patted Gally's arm. 

"Minho just saved you there." He smiled and walked back into the map room. Gally gritted his teeth and muttered curse words under his breath. 

____

honestly, minho and katherine are such a power couple phew-

hope you liked this chapter and until next update,

Xoxo Gossip Girl ;)