𝒄𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓 𝒆𝒊𝒈𝒉𝒕

CHAPTER EIGHT

MONTHS. It had been a few months─three and a half to be exact, but who was counting?─ since the conversation between Minho and Katherine. The words of the boy from her memories always bounced around her mind and she couldn't seem to forget about them. The two grew a lot closer and are now best friends. They hung out whenever they could and Katherine was opened up to a new side of Minho.

He was softer now but not too much. He showed vulnerability towards the girl that day and because he shared something so personal to him (something that Katherine could fully understand), made him trust her that much more. They talked all the time during dinner. Minho shared some stories and so did Chuck during dinner while Newt and Katherine listened. The girl would always laugh at the Asian's sassiness and his stupid jokes.

"So, am I gonna get to do the tour for the new greenie tomorrow?" Katherine questioned, pouting slightly hoping Newt would let her. The blonde smiled and shook his head.

"Sure. I'll come by to check in every now and then." Newt smiled seeing the large grin plastered to the girl's face.

"Yes! I mean, let's be honest here, I look more friendly than the two of you." She pointed between Minho and Newt. Minho rolled his eyes.

"Yeah, yeah. Probably because you're so shuck small." He teased. Katherine scoffed acting offended. She picked up a pea and chucked it at Minho.

"Slim it," She tried to act tough but couldn't help the smile on her face. "I can be scary." She mumbled. Minho laughed and Newt couldn't help but follow his friend's actions. She just rolled her eyes. 

"You? Scary? That's a good joke." He wiped under his eyes as if he were crying for effect. She gave the best death glare but her grin contradicted it.

"You're adorable, love." Newt chuckled from in front of her. Chuck sat beside her laughing.

"Shut up, guys." Katherine giggled. The group ate their food as they laughed at Chuck's impressions of different gladers. 

Once the group was done, Katherine grabbed all their plates and brought them back to the kitchen. She and Frypan scrubbed them as more boys brought in more dishes. It took them a little bit but Katherine sang some random song that she remembered, hearing it in her dreams that she rarely got. 

The two teens danced as the girl sang the song jokingly, smiles on their faces throughout the whole time they washed dishes. "See you tomorrow, K." Fry waved to the girl. She grinned and waved back as she walked out of the kitchen. She jogged to her room and grabbed her shorts and crop top that she used in the pond in the forest. 

Katherine jogged across the Glade and into the forest. She made her way to the pond, memorizing the way after a few days of going. She knew her way around the forest. The brunette got to the pond and pulled off her shirt and quickly threw on her crop top. She pulled off her other shorts and pulled on her 'swimming' shorts.