Emilia X Subaru: True Love

(Vanilla)

Subaru POV

I'm floating in a dark void with nothing in sight, making me wonder if I'm dead. However, I feel that my head is laying down on something warm and soft.

???: "Subaru..."

A quiet female voice calls out to me. The voice was sweet and pleasant. There was no mistaking who this belonged to.

Emilia

Emilia: "Subaru... please wake up."

Little by little, I start to regain consciousness. The dark void I'm in starts to disappear and be replaced by a bright light. After everything clears up, my eyes open to see the moon in the night sky. There were barely a cloud in the sky, allowing a clear view of the stars. I look around me and see a long silver haired maiden with purple eyes and pointy ears hovering above me. She was using her lap as a pillow for my head and her hands were gently combing through my hair.

Subaru: "Emilia?"

Emilia: "Yes, sorry for making you wait. The meeting took longer than I expected."

Subaru: "Meeting? Oh yeah."

My memory starts to catch up with me. Emilia and I were in the city for a princess candidate meeting. I wasn't allowed to attend, so I waited outside. Hours passed and I guess I dozed off.

Subaru: "No it's fine. I hope everything worked out."

Emilia: "It did, but now I feel bad for making you come all the way out here for nothing. Is there anyway I can make it up to you?"

I was about to say no apologies was needed, but then I thought this was the best chance I could have gotten to be alone with Emilia.

Subaru: "Well, there is one thing. There's this place I found that was really cool and I want you to see it as well."

Emilia: "Really, is that all?"

Subaru: "Really! Seeing that special place with Emilia-tan will make me very happy."

Emilia: "If it's really what you want. So where is this place?"

Subaru: "Don't worry, it's close by. Come on."

Emilia and I walked down several blocks until we reached the city's park. We make our way to the center where the huge outdoor water fountain is. There were three large features in the center that were spraying arcs of water into the pool. Water was spraying high into the hair and turning into light mist.

Emilia: "This is what Subaru wanted to see? What makes it so cool."

Subaru: "Wait a minute. Just watch."

Soon the normal lighting on the fountain was changed to a bright golden light. The radiance of the light made it seem that the fountain was spraying golden energy into the air.

Emilia: "Wow! I didn't know that this fountain could light up like this. It's really is beautiful."

She looked at stared at it with child-like wonder. In that moment, I took notice of Emilia's rose colored cheeks and happy smile. I stared at her and start to remember why I fell in love with her.

Emilia: "I wished I had learned about this earlier."

Subaru: "Emilia... I love you." I suddenly confess.

Emilia takes a moment to process my declaration of love before flinching. She turns to look at me with surprised eyes, not believing what I was saying.

Subaru: "Ever since we first met, I had feelings for you. Will you please go out with me?"

Soon, her eyes overflow with tears. She tries to wipe them away, but they keep on coming. Fearing that I said something wrong, I try apologize.