Felt X Subaru Part 2: The Real Party

Felt POV

I bowed my head slightly at the man who was my dance partner and a few seconds after, he returned the bow. It was a way of thanking each other for the dance we just had. The man seemed pleased, but I couldn't care less. There is only one man who I really wanted to dance with, but he was nowhere to be seen. I had to suppress a sigh of exhaustion mixed with annoyance. 

Felt: "He promised he'd be here." I frown as I scan the room.

The Grand Ball was a very anticipated event and most people love having the chance to dance there, but not me. I'm forced to be here because I'm one of the Royal Candidates. In fact, it made it worst as I had a huge line of people who wanted to dance with me. I've been dancing for so long that my feet were aching and were about to crumble.

It's not like I don't like dancing and being at parties, it's just these kinds of music and dances the nobles do aren't my style. It doesn't help that I was raised in poverty and grown to resent snooty rich people. Yeah, it's good not having to fear when my next meal is going to come, but that doesn't change who I am inside.

Seeing that no one wants to dance with me at the moment, I took this opportunity to slip out of here and get some fresh air. I walk quite a distance until the music and chatter of the party was very faint. Once I find myself in a small garden, I sighed heavily with relief, wiping off the sweat on my body. 

I hardly had time to breath in there. Thankfully, the cold breeze washes over me and soothes my hot body. 

I look around and see a few couples milling around wanting to get away from the party too. They were keeping to themselves and whispering sweet nothings to each other. It was making me feel a little jealous. However, when I look up, I could see an endless number of bright stars in the sky. It was a beautiful sight that made me smile. My intuition were telling me something good was going to happen tonight.

I continued walking looking for somewhere to sit until I see someone very familiar sitting on a bench. Looking only at the back of their head was enough for me to recognize this man. I rejoice as my eyes laid upon him. I slowly walked up to them, and the sound my shoes made on the hard stone path made the boy turn around to face me.

Subaru: "Felt! You're finally free?" He flashes me a bright smile.

It was my boyfriend, Subaru. He was a plain looking boy with striking brown eyes. His black hair was slicked back with gel, and instead of a proper dress suit, he was wearing his butler uniform.

Felt: "Yes, I was getting tired of dancing, and managed to slip away. I didn't see you around." I explained with a little bit of annoyance in my voice. 

Subaru: "Sorry, I really wanted to come sooner, but the staff was working me to the bone. I only now just got my break. I wanted to dance with you, but you were already with someone else." He sighs and scratches the back of his head apologetically.

My fowl mood didn't really hold and vanished instantly. I couldn't be mad at Subaru. When I told him about this ball and how I was dreading it, he suggested he'd come with me to liven things up. However, he was only allowed to come if he helped out with the staff. Seeing him now, he looks all tired and sweaty.  

To think he'd go that far for my sake. What an idiot.

Felt: "It's alright. It was surprising how popular I was. You would think people would despise me for being a slum rat."

Subaru: "It doesn't matter. Now that we're together, we can finally dance, but I understand if you're exhausted..." He said sympathetically. 

Feeling his generosity made my heart race. He really is a great boyfriend. He has a childish personality in certain ways, but he's brave and dependable when it matters most. Its one of the many things that made me fall in love with him. And you know what, he's actually pretty handsome.