Otto X Subaru by lovenymyth

https://www.fiverr.com/lovenymyth

Normal POV

Otto sat in his room, his head resting in his hands. It was only a couple of days ago when he was a beloved merchant, everyone respected him and bought things from him. But all that changed when he accidentally messed up a huge business deal which would've been almost life-changing for everyone involved. Now everyone in his company was against him and he was forced to take a break from work due to the amount of backlash he had been receiving. Otto had always been known to be an unlucky person, but everyone had agreed to entrust him with taking care of this business deal, which made him feel even worse. It had been a short while since he had left his room and he was beginning to feel worse and worse as the days dragged on.

A quiet knock was heard on his front door and Otto lifted his head towards the direction of the noise. Someone was probably here to ridicule him, or to harass him about his recent failure, so he decided the best thing to do was to ignore it. The person outside seemed intent on being let in, so he stood up and headed towards the door, placing his eye against the little peephole to see who it was. It was a familiar face, Subaru, his friend had probably come to check on him after hearing about his failure. Otto hesitated, he was embarrassed by his current state and didn't want to be seen like this in front of one of his closest friends.

"Otto, I can hear you inside." Subaru started to call to him through the locked door. "Look, I won't force you to let me in, but I kind of know what happened and I'm here for you, okay?"

Otto gulped as he felt himself tearing up, he was glad that he had a friend like him, which was why he felt wrong about being so madly in love with him. A heap of guilt suddenly washed over him as he recalled all the dirty thoughts he had had about him on nights he felt lonely.

"I'll leave you be, but you can message me at any time and I'll come over." Subaru sighed and started to walk down the path away from his house.

"Wait!"Otto yells as he unlocks the door and yanks it open.

Subaru turned around and his eyes lit up as he saw his friend's familiar face, it had been a while since they had last seen each other.

"I-I'm sorry." Otto huffed sadly as he stood in the doorway. "I'm a mess, I really didn't want you to see me like this."

"It doesn't matter, I get it." Subaru smiled weakly as he started to walk towards the door, "Can I come in?"

"Sure..." Otto nodded and gulped.

He could feel his face heat up and he already knew he was blushing lightly, the fact that he cared so much as to visit him in his time of need made him feel somewhat wanted. Subaru took a seat on his couch while Otto went into the kitchen. He looked around Otto's living room, it was pretty messy, as he hadn't been in the right mindset to clean anything up recently.

"I'm sorry, my whole house is a mess." He didn't want Subaru to think he was being lazy or anything. "Do you want anything?" He politely asks.

Subaru shook his head and stood up. 

"Let me take care of you for today, you need it."

"No! I'm fine." Otto let out a forced chuckle at a failed attempt at showing him he was doing fine.

"People who are fine don't lock themselves alone in their bedroom for days on end. Have you even been eating properly?" Subaru approached his friend and cupped his face in his hands gently, his thumbs rubbing against his cheeks.

Otto gulped and avoided looking into his eyes. 

"I've been fine, stop worrying about me, please."