Crusch X Subaru Part 3: What's Love Got to Do with It?

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays! 

Crusch POV

Crusch: "... and the ogre and the princess lived happily ever after."

I'm in my office, reading through my favorite fairy tale. I stare at the illustration. It depicts the green ogre and the princess happily married. I loved this book since I was a child. Most fairy tales I read were very superficial about their romances. The knight saves the princess and falls in love, how uninspired. But this story is about an ogre finding the value of friendship and learning to love and the princess learning to let go of her fears to find happiness. It really resonated with me.

I wish that I could have a love story like this.

Wilhelm: "Unfortunately, fairytales aren't akin to real life." He quietly appears behind me,

The old gentleman's voice, nearly makes me jump out of my skin. I quickly shut the book and look at him nervously. He gives me an understanding smile, allowing me to calm down a little. There so much I wanted to say. So much I want explained to me. I know Wilhelm was married, so of course he knows what love is, right?

Crusch: "Wilhelm... I... I don't know what to do. You told me it was love, but I'm not sure. Could you tell me more."

Wilhelm: "Well, that's a bit difficult. It's different from person to person, but commonly it's a form of deep affection you feel for someone special. It was definitely an amazing feeling when I swore to spend the rest of my life with my beloved. Some times I wouldn't be able to act normally around them. But I knew being with them would be my ultimate source of happiness." 

He face became a nostalgic smile as he reminisce about his time with his wife. 

Wilhelm: "Crusch-sama, This person, how do they make you feel?"

I rub my head and think carefully using Wilhelm's criteria. 

A person I can't act normally around and have deep affection for?

Well, ever since Subaru taught me to masturbate, I've been feeling weird. Whenever I'm around him, I start to lose my composure. For example, our shopping date. I became so horny that I forced him to do a shameless thing in public. Also, my heart beats fast around him and my face heats up whenever he pops up in my mind. And that kiss we had, even though that's something only lovers should do, I'm glad we did it. Feeling his soft and tender lips against mine felt amazing. 

A person I would like to spend the rest of my life with?

While Subaru is a great man he does not posses a position of power. But knowing him, he would be one of my most reliable allies who would bend over backwards for my sake. Besides that, his bravado and cheerful smile puts everyone at ease. Seeing him fight the White Whale despite being the weakest man there was aw inspiring. He is not flawless as his demonstration at the Royal Candidate meeting showed. He is loyal to a fault and, some times, makes irrational decisions that lands him in trouble. But he does recognize his weaknesses and strives to improve. It's makes him very admirable.

With all of this in mind, is this enough to say I love him? 

Crusch: "I don't know if I'm love with him, but I do admire him as a person. And being by his side makes me feel a kind of happiness I never knew of."

I proclaim this with all the sincerity I have. As I admit this, I feel my face blushing and my mouth curling into a smile. 

Felix: "NYOOO!" The Cat Knight burst through the door, flailing his arms around.