THREE !

DEAR CHLOE !

Rowan stared down at her tray as she entered the lunch room. she was embarrassed, alone. without chloe, she was known as 'the quiet girl, 'the depressed girl', 'the girl with the dead best friend', 'the girl who reads instead of doing her schoolwork', oh, let's not forget, 'the anorexic freak'.

of course, rowan's popularity and reputation was the least of her worries when it came to chloe's death. it's not like she was the most known girl when she had her best friend, but chloe was noahs sister. she wiggled her way through to get advantages for them, like getting lunch tables without the solid gum stuck to the bottom, or getting lunch first so they didn't have to eat stale leftovers.

now, rowan didn't eat. she grabbed her tray, she put food on it, so people wouldn't think that she was starving herself or anything. but she didn't eat it. maybe on a good day, she'd take a couple bites of her sandwich.

she was halfway through her chapter of 'the fault in our stars' when a stack of textbooks slammed on the table. jumping in her seat, rowan fixed her posture and sat up. she wanted to be rude, because the girl interrupted her reading, and say "um, can i help you?" but she didn't.

"oh, uh, hey?" she stumbled out instead, closing her book on her hand-drawn bookmark.

"hey." the girl standing in front of her had a cropped 'pink floyd' t-shirt on, light blue mom jeans, and white converse. her hair was a light brown, and her skin was glowing. rowan was instantly jealous, how was it possible to be so pretty, with such sense of style? without getting judged or picked on by the way she looked in her clothes?

"i'm rowan," she squeaked, offering a small smile to the girl, who had now found herself in the chair next to rowan.

"olive," she responded, digging an apple out of her lunch bag, "im new here, i hope it's fine that i sit here."

"yeah, yeah," rowan stumbled her words, not used to someone trying to become her friend, "that's fine."

"wanna look at my schedule? see if we have any classes together?" she slid the paper with creases on it over the table, it was obviously folded before.

"sure," rowan blushed, still not getting used to the whole 'lets actually use our words and have a real conversation that's not on the internet' type of thing. she scanned over the classes, spotting two that matched hers; algebra and art class. "third and eighth," rowan slid the paper back to olive.

"sweet! hey, are you going to eat that?" olive pointed to the turkey and cheese sub on rowan's plate. rowan shook her head, shoving the whole tray towards the other girl.

"you're not eating anything? you have to eat something," olive urged. rowan wondered why she cared so much. they barely knew each other. why did rowan's eating concern her?

"nah, i had a huge breakfast. my stomach still hurts. plus, my uh, my mom is taking me to, uh, to dinner tonight. we're going out to fox run, it's a bar and grill downtown," rowan rambled on, making an excuse. she thought olive believed her. she hoped she did.

"oh, okay. makes sense," she shrugged, taking a huge bite out of the sub.

rowan sighed, "the bell for sixth hour is going to ring soon. i better get going, see you in art?" she shoved her book into her backpack.

"sure, oh wait! what's your instagram? so we can talk after school."

rowan was a little bit startled, no one has asked for her social media, nor wanted to talk to her, in months, "it's rowanlykemi," she smiled, waving goodbye as her new friend wrote down the account name.

today was a good day, she thought to herself. an almost invisible smile made its way into her lips, throughout her english class, throughout her whole afternoon and evening.

KARLEIGH SPEAKS !
awe :') my heart rn = mucho grande