NINETEEN !

DEAR CHLOE !

"Swear to fucking God, i'm putting up the damn bumpers," olive snarled, moving over to the little screens with the bowling lane settings on it.

"ol, you're supposed to be 10 or under to use the bumpers," rowan chuckled as she leaned over her friends shoulder, observing the screen.

"does it look like i care? i haven't knocked one pin down tonight. one pin! this is our third game!" ollie companied, tapping aggressively.

rowan yelled out a loud laugh. noah groaned as a familiar boy from pictures rowan had showed him, walked in the bowling alley. "ro, your friend is here."

"hayden!" she squealed, running up to him.

"hey, rowan. i'm late, my mom insisted i make a peanut butter sandwich before i came. even though i'm eating pizza tonight," he rolled his eyes.

"it's okay, get some shoes, we can add you to our lane! cmon," rowan grinned, overly happy to be with hayden.

noah glared at the boy from across the room. "what's your deal?" olive nudged his shoulder.

"my deal? what do you mean?" he asked in a fake tone.

"i'm not fucking blind, noah. why are you so against hayden? aren't you happy for her?" she shook her head, taking a seat next to him. it was rowan's turn to bowl, but she was helping hayden pick out shoes.

"me? not happy for rowan? bull. i'm happy, i'm like so happy. this is the happiest she's been since chloe passed. he's making her happy. so i'm happy. like, really happy," he rambled.

"cut the crap," she grinned, "you're jealous, aren't you?"

"hell no. the only reason i don't like the idea of them being together is, uh, i think he might hurt her or something. yanno, break her heart."

"and the fact that you totally like her," olive added.

"yeah, no. she's my best friend. she's not my crush," he lied, picking at the skin on his fingers. "but like, what would happen if i did like her?" he said right as rowan and hayden walked over.

"like who?" rowan asked. noah couldn't help but notice the small hint of sadness in her tone. stop it noah, she doesn't like you.

you don't know that. "we're just talking about his obsession with zendaya," olive saved him.

"oh god, zoah for life, am i right?" rowan laughed.

noah made a thankful face at ollie as the other two turned around, "right," he did through gritted teeth.

"did you ever get the bumpers set up, ollie?" rowan questioned, lifting the heavy, pink ball off of the conveyor thingy.

"uh, yeah. now we can all rock at bowling. oh, hi hayden. nice to see you again," olive said with no enthusiasm in her voice.

"you too, olive," he replied, sending a flirty smile back when rowan looked away. olive's jaw dropped to the floor, and she gave noah a look that said 'did you see that?'.

"i think me and noah are going to go order some pizza now. right noah?" she fake grinned at hayden.

"yes, uh, is pepperoni okay for you guys?" noah asked, staring deep into hayden's soul, making sure he sent the message that he hated him.

"hayden's actually vegetarian. can you get a small cheese pizza?" rowan smiled from one boy to the other.

"yeah, sure," he rolled his eyes, and walked over to the half of the building that was a pizza parlor. "vegetarian? him? of course he is, because he's perfect," he shook his head, looking at olive.

"i definitely saw him eating a hotdog at the movies the other night. what a fucking liar," she cursed, earning a disgusted look from a mother passing them with her daughter.

"rowan... don't you think it's too soon? i mean, you hardly know the guy," olive fiddled with her thumbs, looking at the text messages between hayden and her best friend.

"i know him well enough, he's a good person, ollie! what's the worst he can do, break my heart?" she rolled her eyes. "i wouldn't get too hurt over that."

"yeah. remember that when i have to run ice cream over and cry with you for a week straight," ollie crossed her arms over her chest.

"cmon, ro. i don't wanna see you get hurt. please, just tell him that you want to get to know him better," noah croaked, making sure he doesn't reveal the real reason he wants her to say know. "please."

"hayden asked me out. he likes me, i like him," rowan gulped, tears forming in her eyes, "why would you hurt someone you like?"

"because some people are stupid, rowa-" olive started before getting cut off by rowan.

"i think it's best if you two leave," her tongue was glued to the inside of her cheek, trying to battle the tears.

"rowan.. we didn't-" noah shook his head, rowan cut him off too.

"please. go." and with that, olive and noah walked side by side out of rowan's bedroom.

KARLEIGH SPEAKS !
is rowan making the right or wrong choice? eXpLaIn YoUr AnSwEr.

JUST KIDDING DONT EXPLAIN ABHAHSBS

but i found it really funny how angry i made olive get over him lying about being vegetarian i-