FOURTEEN !

DEAR CHLOE !

Rowan flicked the switch so the fairy lights began to twinkle, and a smile grew on her face instantly. this was going to be a good birthday- her father was out of town in a "business meeting", also known as seeing some other woman that wasn't his wife. her mother baked her favorite type of cake, red velvet. and finally, she got to spend it with her best friends, her mom, and her sister.

"does it look good, mom?" she asked, adjusting the lights' position above her photo wall. she'd gotten them for her birthday, they were something she wanted for awhile but never got around to buying.

"they look great, honey," her mom smiled before a ding was heard from the oven, "the cake is done! let me go get it out of the oven." with that, her mom scurried out of the bedroom, leaving rowan alone in her room. she decided to grab her phone and facetime noah and ollie- she can do group facetime now because she updated her phone (😏).

"hey, birthday girl!" olive squealed into her phone, "i'll be there in fifteen. what's up?"

"actually, that's just what i was about to ask you. where's noah?" rowan questioned, noticing that it was only the two girls on the facetime call.

"i don't know, maybe he's getting your gift ready. it's really cute, i'm excited for you to open it."

"wait, he told you what it is? i wanna know so bad now," she groaned, getting antsy. a familiar face popped up in the call; noah.

"hii!" noah waved, "sorry, i was wrapping your present."

"i knew it!" ollie laughed.

"don't worry, it's okay," rowan smiled, flipping the camera so it showed the back, "guys, look at my lights! my little sister gave them to me."

"aw, that's too cute! that makes me want to be a big sister," olive sighed, sticking her bottom lip out. noah sat there in silence with a smile on his face, admiring the lights on the screen.

"they look good in your room," he said after a couple seconds.

another voice came from ollie's microphone, "shit, that's my mom. she's gonna drop me off now, see you guys in a bit!" she waved before exiting the call.

"should i walk over now?" noah asked.

"yeah, sure!"

"okay, see you soon. oh, wait outside for me!" rowan giggled stupidly as her friend hung up the phone, and hurried out of her bedroom to meet her mom in the kitchen, dropping different food colorings into bowls of frosting.

"noah and ollie will be here soon, i need to wait outside for noah," rowan explained to her mother before rushing out of the front door, only to see the one and only noah schnapp already half way across her lawn.

"um, what are you? the flash?" rowan yelled from the small concrete porch.

"i don't get it!" noah screamed back, cupping his hands over his mouth. it probably wasn't necessary, he had a naturally loud voice.

"you got over here in like, thirty seconds," rowan rolled her eyes as the boy walked up to her, "but now the reference isn't funny because i had to explain it."

"what if i thought it was funny?" noah frowned, closing the front door behind him, "hi renee," he waved to rowan's mom. they exchanged the 'please, don't call me mrs lykemi, call me renee' conversation on halloween.

"i don't hear you laughing."

"uh... HA! HAHA!" he faked a loud cackle, causing rowan to shake her head in embarrassment.

"aren't you supposed to be an actor?" she laughed, sticking her finger in some frosting and licking it, which made her mom swat her hand away.

"only if i wanna be," he shrugged, bouncing himself onto a stool. "red velvet cake? you didn't ask for chocolate? and here i thought we had the same taste in food..." he shook his head.

"but chocolate is so overrated, almost all candy is chocolate. most popular ice cream, chocolate. do you see where i'm going with this?" rowan raised an eyebrow, turning her attention to her mother who began frosting the cake.

"okay, yes. i know what you're saying, but chocolate still tastes better," he rolled his eyes, making a small giggle come out of rowan's mouth. a knock on the door sounded, and rowan raced to open it.

"hi! happy birthday!" ollie opened her arms, going in for a hug. rowan grinned, and squeezed the girl.

"hello, olive! you came just in time for cake and presents," mrs lykemi greeted the girl, taking her gift and setting it on the table. "rowan, why don't you go get your sister and we'll sing happy birthday?" rowan nodded, speed-walking to faylon's room and poking her head in the door.

"want some cake?" she smiled, causing the younger girl to grin, stop sorting her rainbow-loom bands, and jump off of her bed.

as the two walked into the kitchen, the others immediately began singing the birthday song. rowan's ears blushed from her ears, to where her cheek and jaw met. the spotlight was on her, even if it was just her family and friends, she was shy of attention. smiling, she tried to cover up her embarrassment.

"happy birthday to rowan, happy birthday to you!" they finished, totally off key. rowan stood between her friends, ollie's arm wrapped around her shoulders. noah chuckling at her huge grin. her mom shoved the cake towards her, and rowan blew out the candles, knowing exactly what to wish for. faylon watched anxiously, ready to dig into the rich buttercream frosting.

i wish that noah schnapp was in love with me.

KARLEIGH SPEAKS !
omg tea honey wyd 😔
ok but me tho