SIX !

DEAR CHLOE !

Rowan made her way up the ladder to the treehouse, careful not to make the wood squeak. it was a couple minutes after ten pm, and the schnapp household was more than likely sleeping. well, maybe not noah. it was a saturday night, and he was your average teenager; actually, not average.

she slid open the metal drawer, stuffing the paper in with the rest. she dug out one of the papers she was looking for; the first note that she wrote to chloe.

the small girl sat on the wooden planks for a good twenty minutes, just reading over the papers she had stuffed in the drawer. she barely even heard the treehouse door squeak open, and felt a body sit next to her.

rowan's heart raced, her crush was sitting right next to her. quickly, she closed the note and stuffed it back in the drawer. she was caught. "you scared me," she merely smiled.

"i scared you?" noah chuckled, "i thought someone was planning to kill me and my parents." rowan blushed, but thankfully, it was dark in the treehouse. there was a good chance noah didn't notice. "i already read the letters," he whispered, "you don't have to hide them." rowan froze. she had poured her heart out to her best friend in those letters, and now noah knew that rowan liked him.

"oh," rowan managed to say.

"you should know, i don't hate you. i never did," he shrugged, crossing his arms over his chest and leaning against the treehouse wall.

"then why dont you ever talk to me?" rowan sighed, "i used to always try to be your friend, and you would ignore me."

"i always thought you were pretty. i thought you were just playing with me, i guess, you intimidated me," noah stared at his black socks.

rowan let out a sarcastic laugh, "noah, you're famous. you're popular in school, you're cute, you're everyone's friend at school. why would i intimidate you?"

"how come you think you're like... low class or something? you're talking like i'm better than you. i'm not, i'm really not any better than you at all," he shook his head.

"thank you, noah," rowan smiled, leaning her head on her knees. the smile stayed, playing on her lips for the next few minutes.

rowan didn't even notice that tears were running down her face until she unintentionally sniffed. noah, being the kind friend he was, scooted closer to her and wrapped his arm around her. "i miss her," he frowned, tears welling in his eyes.

"me too," rowan leaned her head on his shoulder. the two teenagers stared into each other's eyes, like it was a scene from a movie. rowan found herself intrigued by the boy's eyes, as if they screamed for help, for attention.

as for noah, he couldn't see anything in rowan's eyes. it was like she was hiding her emotions deep down, like there was a wall, keeping her from revealing any feelings she had.

"rowan adalia lykemi!" the kids snapped their heads toward the door of the treehouse, where rowan's mother was standing. "what the hell are you doing up here? i've been looking everywhere, i was worried sick!"

"shit..." rowan mumbled, pushing noahs arm off of her and walking towards her mom. "i'm sorry, i just had to grab something up here and noah, uh, saw me up here and -"

"we're walking home," she said firmly, climbing down the ladder. rowan gave noah an apologetic look, following her mom down the treehouse.

rowan didn't have any regret about sneaking out, in fact, she was happy that she finally somewhat rebelled against her mother's rules. she just mentally thanked her mother for finding her, and not her father. her dad would've been a whole different story.

in the schnapp house, noah went to sleep happy that night. he was distracted from the death of his sister, by the new friendship he made with the girl next door.

little did he know, rowan went to sleep even happier than he was.

KARLEIGH SPEAKS !
bye this story is so cliche-