TWENTY-TWO !

DEAR CHLOE !

this chapter is basically the last chapter from another point of view ok tHX bye

"What the hell is she doing?" olive grumbled, spotting rowan talking to the schools 'sweetheart', lauren orlando.

"talking to lauren," noah answered, oblivious.

"no shit, sherlock. i meant why isn't she coming over here? is she ditching us for hayden's friends?" her voice faded from angry to sad.

"don't worry, she's probably just introducing herself. she'll come over here," the boy shrugged, before eating some of his tomato soup.

"fat bet. see, she's walking with lauren now," ollie lowkey pointed at rowan, shaking her head shamefully. "why did she have to meet hayden? that dumbass dickhead, stealing our girl."

"you know, she's changing. i haven't seen her put a letter in chloe's box in two weeks. two whole weeks, ollie!" noah dropped his sandwich on his tray.

"woah, woah, woah. she hasn't put a what in what for how long?" she scrunched up her face. obviously, rowan never told olive about the letters she wrote.

"oh, she didn't tell you?"

"no, tell me what? am i miss something here?" the girl asked, being more confused than ever. hadn't rowan told her everything? sure, they've known each other for a month, but they still considered themselves best friends.

"ever since chloe died, she's been writing to her. after awhile, she just kinda... stopped."

olive shook her head, staring helplessly across the room, at the girl she called her best friend. "what did she write about?"

"i'm sorry, ol," noah sighed, "but that's not my business to tell. i bet ro will tell you though, if you ask." his face flashed many different emotions, thinking about all the letters. liking noah, filling her in on her life, her sister. he wondered if she wrote a letter after her birthday, if she wrote about the present he gave her. if she wrote about him.

"you're right, noah. you're a good friend," ollie smiled, ruffling noah's messy hair.

"i know, i try," he blushed.

the two shook the thought of rowan from their minds, and proceeded to talk about the things they normally would. homework, fortnite, mr dennis' shiny head. you name it. the only thing that caught their attention (besides each other) was the sight of their friend storming out of the lunch room. arms crossed, face red, tongue pressed to cheek. her head was down and she made sure that her highlighted, brown locks weren't tucked behind her ears, so her embarrassment was slightly covered. "rowan!" ollie got up from her chair, not bothering to push it back in. she left noah and all the food back at the table (and the food will probably be gone by the time olive gets back).

"what?" rowan snapped, turning to face her friend. "oh, i didn't realize it was you. cmon, you're coming with me to the bathrooms."

"are you going to like, tell me what happened?" olive sassed, multiple feet behind her friend.

"okay," rowan pauses as they set foot in the bathroom, in front of the mirror. "don't say i'm overreacting- because i know i am. but i'm really scared that i don't belong with hayden."

"you what? i'm sorry ro, but are you dumb?"

"excuse me?" rowans face fell as she expected something more sympathetic from her friend.

"it's almost like you're drifting yourself from noah and i for him. rowan, how many times did we hang out this week?" the girl crossed her arms.

"uh, like twice, i think?" she said, coming out more like a question.

"none. and how many times did you hang out with hayden?"

rowan sighed, thinking about how many nights she spent with her boyfriend in the past seven days. "like five times," she shrugged, "what's that have to do with anything?" the bell followed her sentence.

"put two and two together, rowan. i have to get to phy ed," and with that, one less girl was in the bathroom.