TWENTY-THREE !

DEAR CHLOE !

One whole month.

one whole month of awkward eye contact between rowan and her so called 'best friends' in the hallways. a whole month of fake laughing with hayden's lunch table. thirty days of dull kisses and unenthusiastic words. four weeks of break up thoughts. 2,628,002 seconds of wishing hayden was noah. 43,800 minutes without writing to chloe.

"hayden, we need to talk," rowan said sternly over the phone. before she spoke up, the only noise was the flicking of her boyfriend's controller and gunshots on his video game.

"hold on, babe. i'm placed seventh- i'm gonna win," you could almost hear is wide grin, making the girl's heart ache. "dennis! i'm not talking to you," he yelled at his fortnite partner over his mic.

"hayden, i'm serious. come over in ten," her voice cracked, thinking about the mental script she wrote to tell him, "please."

she could hear his controller hit his hardwood floor, "God dammit! he fucking shot me," he yelled, earning a scolding from his mother through the walls.

"language, hayden," rowan smiled slightly, "so will you be here?"

"in ten?" he confirmed, "yeah. i'll be there."

"okay, i'll see you in a bit. bye now," she ended the call, tears immediately pouring out of her eyes.

KARLEIGH SPEAKS !
short chapter means a double update yA dIg?!1?1!