THIRTY-TWO !

DEAR CHLOE !

"Oh, so you're not dead," noah smirked, walking up to rowan with way more confidence than he thought he had.

"you don't know that," the girl joked, shoving her backpack in her locker.

"you're right. anyways, i haven't seen you in so long, so i thought maybe someone killed you. like... pennywise or something."

"you really just made a reference to the movie finn played in, didn't you?" the two looked down the hallway at finn wolfhard, who was doing the 'orange justice' horribly.

"a little bit. i saw hayden yesterday, he was transferred to our spanish class because... actually, i don't know why," he crossed his arms.

rowan's jaw nearly touched the floor after slamming her locker shut. "you're kidding, right? wow, west hill has perfect timing, don't they?"

"what's that supposed to mean?"

rowan held her breath. the topic was definitely not her number one choice to talk about, but it was better than letting it escalate into the whole 'noah likes rowan' thing. "i just broke things off with him," she explained, "and now i have to face seeing him every day. i mean, it could've been avoided before. i could've taken different hallways. but now im forced to see his ugl- uh, see him."

noah chuckled, "yeah, well you have me in there too. i won't let him say shit to you, i promise." the sound of the first hour bell rang, causing the two to roll their eyes.

"thanks noah, you're really the best," she found herself holding tightly onto the boy's torso. "i have to get to class, bye!"

he stood, dumbfounded by a simple hug. "see you at lunch?" he waved.

"where's ollie?" rowan questioned as she met noah at his locker.

"volleyball game. you ready?" he looked her up and down before she gave a simple nod and they began their walk home.

after minutes of silence, noah spoke up. "so, i don't really want to do this. but, are we gonna, like, talk about what happened?"

she stayed quiet for a few moments, noah couldn't tell if she was ignoring him or if she was thinking. "i guess we could now."

"good. so like, i like you. a lot," he said blandly, before turning deep red at the thought of what he just told her.

rowan rolled her eyes, giggling a bit, "oh really? i didn't know."

they laughed for a couple seconds, before noah put his hand on his friend's shoulder, "no, but all jokes aside, i really really like you. oops."

"shit, we're getting serious? you know i'm not good at this," the girl groaned, tilting her head back. "okay, well. i guess i've kinda liked you for like, ever."

"cute," he smiled, wrapping his arm around rowans shoulder. the two turned the street corner, revealing the schnapp and lykemi households, side by side. both empty.

KARLEIGH SPEAKS !
i hate this book.