TWENTY-SEVEN !

DEAR CHLOE !

8:21 pm, saturday night

"Bye ollie!" rowan waved goodbye to her best friend, and closed the door to leave her alone with her other best friend. "now what do we do? it's quiet without her."

"are you calling me boring?" noah joked around.

"no dumbass, you're putting words in my mouth," she chuckled.

"we could have a sleepover," the boy suggested, making rowans face go pink. she never had a sleepover with a boy before, only her cousins. even though it wasn't really any different, noah was nothing more than a friend.

"would my dad really like that, though?" she raised her eyebrows.

the boy shrugged, "it's not like we'd do anything bad." a pause. "unless you wanted to."

"noah!" she gasped, slapping his shoulder. her face darkened in shades all over again, even though she knew he was just playing around with her.

"kidding, ro! i'm kidding. unless-"

"oh. my. god," she buried her face into her hoodie, secretly smiling underneath it. he always knew how to make her laugh.

"so i'm guessing that's a no to the sleepover?" he smirked, not in weird way, just knowing that he embarrassed her made him proud of himself.

"i mean, if you stop making stupid jokes like that, then i'd be happy to have a sleepover," she replied, still giggling a bit about the previous comments her friend made.

"sounds like a plan, i'll just walk over to my house in the morning to get ready and i'll come hang out again after that. that's if you don't get sick of me," he grinned.

rowan rolled her eyes and smiled, "oh, how could i ever get sick of you?" she said sarcastically. "aren't you going to ask your mom if you can stay?"

noahs face drooped the slightest bit. it was barely enough for rowan to notice, but she still saw. "nah. she doesn't really care anymore," he sighed. rowan understood what he meant- he didn't wanna talk about it. so, she gave a nod in return and they continued to talk about whatever came to mind.

rowan's heart and brain pounded at the realization- that her head was currently laid on noahs shoulder, and her legs were stretched out all the way across his. how did they get in this position? she didn't even know. was it right? hell no. she just broke up with her boyfriend! but, was she gonna move? no.

rowan blushes as a makeout scene came on the TV, and noah jokingly put his hands over her eyes, "no watching for you, young lady." they laughed, butterflies erupting in the girl's stomach.

no, i can't feel this way, she thought. hayden and i literally broke up today. i can't possibly like noah again, already.

it's kinda different if you liked him the whole time you were dating hayden, another part of her argued.

that doesn't mean i'm in the right. i can't just date a guy while i like someone else, either way i'm a horrible person. her heart sunk to her feet at the thought.

the two kids jolted from their position as they heard rowan's mother walk through the door, not wanting any suspicion to rise. "hey mom," she smiled as her mother walked in, hand in hand with a sleepy faylon.

"hi, honey. help me put away these groceries?" she struggled to set all the bags on the countertop.

"you brought home groceries at nine-seventeen pm?" rowan furrowed her eyebrows.

"gotta do what i gotta do," her phone rang, a picture of rowans dad popping up on the home screen. "i have to take this. put those away for me?" she gestured to the bags.

"sure," she said, obviously too lazy to put them away. she looked at noah, who was awkwardly sitting in the living room and still watching TV. "also, noahs spending the night."

her mom didn't bother to even look back at her daughter. rowan questioned if she even heard her, but she still offered a thumbs up, so she technically said yes either way.

the small girl ran back to the living room and flicked off the TV, "my room?" (not in a dirty way, fuckers 😔) noah nodded, hurrying off the couch to follow his friend through the hallway, into her bedroom, where they agreed to playing fortnite on rowan's laptop.

before they knew it, it was two in the morning. rowan yawned, "i need to sleep, or i'm never gonna wake up in the morning." she crawled on her bed, and they awkwardly found room for two in the queen sized bed. sure- there was plenty of space, but they couldn't help but feel tense in the same bed.

"goodnight noah," rowan mumbled from the right side of the bed, smothered in a huge blanket.

"night, ro," he replied with a small smile on his face.

KARLEIGH SPEAKS !
i could name a million trillion reasons why i hate this chapter but the main ones are because it seems sexual when it's not + it's rushed 😌