EIGHTEEN !

DEAR CHLOE !

noah

He wished he could say he wasn't in pain. he wished he was perfectly fine with the fact that his best friend liked a boy. he wished he could say that his heart didn't beat a mile per minute when he saw her, or that his breath didn't completely stop when she walked in the room. but he couldn't.

at first, it was all fun and games. he knew rowan liked him, and it didn't necessarily bother him. she was a great friend. and only a friend. noah figured the breathing and the heart racing only happened because she was drop dead gorgeous- it would be weird to like your sisters friend, right?

chloe isn't alive anymore, noah, he thought to himself. it doesn't matter.

his brain was in denial of his heart. what if she was? it would be weird then. i bet chloe wouldn't be too happy if she found out i liked her best friend.

that writing of hers from second grade says otherwise.

"noah? i asked what 86 times 2 is," his pre-algebra teacher stared him in the eye. as noah kept quiet, the teacher got impatient, "i don't have all day, bud."

"uh, i believe it's one hundred and seventy four," he stuttered.

shut up, heart. no one likes you.

"it's one hundred and seventy two. decent try, schnapp," the teacher rolled his eyes. "moving on, the digit-" noah found his mind filled with a thick cloud though out the rest of the class.

"and he's funny, he's cute. he's just... perfect," rowan gushed, flopping backwards on her friend's bed.

"please," ollie rolled her eyes, "i know perfect when i see it. perfection is me, not him," she joked, making a funny pose in the mirror.

"do you even know this guys name?" noah frowned.

"yeah, hayden summerall. why the bum face, schnapp?" rowan turner her head to the boy who grew paler by the second.

"nothing. it's fine," he shook his head, forcing himself to put his attention back to his science homework.

"are you sure, noah? you look kinda sick," olive asked as she blended concealer under her eyes.

"probably just catching a cold. can i ask why exactly you're putting makeup on at five pm?" noah sat up from his laying position, distracting himself and the others from what the conversation could've turned into.

"it's free-pizza-friday at the bowling alley tonight, the whole grade is going. cmon noah, we just discussed it on the bus," rowan half joked. they did just plan it on the bus, but she was just giving noah a hard time.

"right, right. i forgot." more like you were too distracted by the fact that rowan found a new guy.

'new' guy? she didn't have one in the first place. noah silently begged his thoughts to shut up.

"well, i can't wear this," rowan made a disgusted face at her outfit, black adidas pants and a t-shirt she bought from a new york city tourist stop.

noah shrugged at the outfit, as it seemed fine to him. "why not? it looks good on you." his cheeks tinted red, was that too flirty? maybe i should back off a little.

you're fine, noah. friends compliment each other.

"hayden's going to be there! i need to look cute. ol, can i borrow something?" the girl was on a sudden panic mode.

"i mean, if they fit. i'm a size bigger than you," olive replied, still dabbing a beauty blender all over her face.

"okay, thanks. i should've thought about this before i got off at your bus stop, damn it."

"hey, no swearing in this christian bedroom!" noah joked, referring to the 'christian minecraft server' vine.

rowan quickly bowed to her knees and put her hands together, pretending to pray, "dear god, forgive me for my sins." the kids shared a great laugh, and continued to get ready for the bowling alley.

KARLEIGH SPEAKS !
wait i hope that one part wasn't offensive

i just wrote it bc yesterday at the bus stop i said to my neighbor 'no cursing in my christian alley' and then he got on his knees (😲) and did exactly what rowan did lololol