SEVEN !

DEAR CHLOE !

rowan's pov

"Okay, class," señor dennis' voice boomed through the classroom, "new seating chart today, as usual, your partner will be the person you sit by in class." the whole class cheered. for some reason, everyone went crazy whenever we got new seats. as for me, i didn't really care, i usually never had friends in my classes anyways.

"can i sit in the front?" one kid shouted.

"can i sit next to kaden?" another blurted.

"it's the luck of the draw, kiddos," the teacher held up the cup of popsicle sticks. i sighed, grabbing my stuff off of my desk and heading to the side of the room with everyone else. there was a very slim chance of me getting a good seat, as most of he kids in my spanish were annoying. noah was in this class, but i didn't really want to sit by him. i'd end up embarrassing myself.

"alright, in front is..." he mixed up the sticks and picked out two, "jeremiah and megan." two kids huffed after finding out they didn't sit by their friends, and dragged their bodies over to the desk.

i noticed how noah put gel in his hair today. he hadn't done his hair in months. he didn't have a frown on his face, which made me happy. i was glad that he felt, at least a little, happier. i continued to observe noah, adore his outfit that he picked out. a levis shirt and joggers. i found it funny how i saw a bit of relief on his face every time someone got picked for a seat, like he was thinking 'thank god i didn't have to sit by them' or something.

"and here, will be rowan and hunter," the teacher pointed at a desk located in the middle of the classroom. once again, i sighed. i didn't know the kid personally, but i knew he was annoying. taking my eyes off of noah, i dropped my belongings on my desk.

"señor dennis," one of the kids called, "hunter isn't here today." i felt relieved, at least i could sit alone for a day.

"hmm. we're doing partner work today, so that might be difficult. if anyone else is absent, we can have those two sit together instead of rowan and the other student's partner." i nodded, and silently prayed that no one else in the class was gone.

"here will be dante and isaac, and there will be noah and elijah." i watched as a smile appeared on noahs face, and he proudly made his way over to mr dennis.

"elijah is gone, too, señor."

"well then, i guess you and rowan can sit together until the next time we switch spots," the teacher grinned, crossing something off on his clipboard.

"awesome," noah continued to smile, sitting in the seat next to me. "hey, rowan."

"hi noah," i smiled back to be polite, and took out my pencil, waiting for the seating arrangements to be finished.

"so, uh, i was wondering. how often do you go up to the treehouse?" he fumbled his words a bit, playing with his hands.

i looked at him, confused, for a hot minute. did he want to meet up again? to do what, sit and cry over chloe together? "oh, um, saturday nights."

"okay, cool," he said, looking up at the board. i looked away, still a bit puzzled. i attempted to distract myself from all of the commotion in the room next door so i could pay attention, i needed to understand today's lesson because, let's face it, i'm really not the best at spanish.

"you said there's going to be partner work today, right mr d?" one of the kids asked.

"that's señor to you- but yes! thanks for reminding me, daniel!" he shuffled some papers in his hands, before walking closer to the desks of the students. "every one of the groups will be choosing a celebrity who's passed away, and will be making a 'day of the dead' project for them. on november first, we will all set up our altars. and you'll be writing an essay for your english grade about how they were impacted lives, but you'll be writing it in this class. does that make sense?"

a girl sitting in the back raised her hand slowly, "if it's for our english grades, why are we writing it in spanish class?"

"good question, harley; ask your english teachers. jesus christ, are they stubborn," the teacher rolled his eyes, earning laughs around the entire classroom. "okay students, mingle! talk about what you want to do for your project. you have the rest of class to plan."

i stretched out my arms, facing noah as the rest of our class started to talk. "hello, partner," noah grinned.

"howdy," i replied, instantly regretting it. howdy? i thought to myself.

"any ideas so far?" noah questioned.

"well.. i had one. but they're not exactly a celebrity, so i don't think he'll let us do it," i said, shrugging, insecure about my idea.

"i mean, it won't hurt to ask. plus, i think i know just what person you're talking about. i'm pretty sure he won't mind, i bet he'll think it's a good idea. i do." we gave each other a reassuring smile and a nod, followed by walking up to the spanish teacher.

"señor, we have a question."

KARLEIGH SPEAKS !
who do y'all think they're gonna write about?

lmao kidding it's probably obvious