TWENTY-ONE !

DEAR CHLOE !

Rowan scanned the lunch room, holding the red tray in her hands. it consisted of a grilled cheese sandwich, tomato soup, broccoli, and a milk carton. she looked over the area hayden had mentioned, without seeing . maybe he's just in the bathrooms.

hayden finally transferred to west hill, two weeks after meeting rowan. today was his first day, and he was already sitting with the popular kids, as he knew most of them from sports.

"hey!" a small, blonde girl chirped from the side of her. "i'm assuming you're looking for hayden."

"uh, yeah. how'd you know?" rowan replied, with a mix of curiosity and a laugh.

"he talks about you. he's my brother's best friend, so he was at my house the other night. he told us all about you," she grinned.

"oh," rowan said with uneasiness. this would be her first time sitting without her friends since she met them.

"i can show you to our table, only if you want me to. hayden should be there shortly, he's probably at is locker or something. or maybe he got lost, it's his first day." rowan looked at her friends, sitting at the table next to the large window, like always. if she wanted to change her mind and sit there, she would have to make up her mind right now.

making eye contact with noah, she quickly looked back at the blonde girl, "that would be nice, thanks!" rowan followed her to a lunch table in the far corner, completely opposite to her regular spot.

"i'm lauren, by the way. this is my brother johnny, our friend carson, and nadia. guys, this is rowan, hayden's girlfriend," she purely smiled as she introduced me to the others.

"hey! nice to have another girl here," nadia waved, "here, take a seat." she pulled the seat out from next to her.

rowan sat by her, and lauren sat in the other side of her. "where's hayden?" she looked at johnny, figuring he would be the one to know the answer, since they were best friends.

his face went pale, "i, uh... um, he's, uh..."

"he went to the counselors office, something about his schedule," nadia finished, obviously satisfied with her answer, as a smile appeared on her face.

rowan nodded, "alright thanks." biting into her grilled cheese. her face tinted a light pink when hayden appeared around the corner. she watched him purchase a single turkey wrap from the lunch line, and head over to the table.

his hair appeared a little bit messy, which rowan didn't think much of. it made him even more attractive, which she didn't think was possible. his lips were circled with red, probably from chapped lips. it was getting cold outside, and that meant dry lips season.

"hey, babe," he smirked, sitting on the other side of his girlfriend. out of the corner of her eye, rowan saw nadia and lauren roll their eyes at the boy. johnny facepalmed in shame.

"hi! you're late, like, super late to lunch. what took you so long?" rowan asked, trying her best not to sound like an over protective girlfriend.

she heard the boy mumble something ever so quietly, "huh?" she asked.

he slammed his hand on the wooden, circular table, "i said, its none of your business," he said through gritted teeth.

oh, rowan thought, his hair is probably messy because he's tired and grumpy. her face darkened a whole shade, and she looked at nadia. the red headed girl gave her a sincere look.

"'kay," she whispered, standing up from her orange chair, "i'm gonna go to english, then." the girl dumped her almost full tray into the garbage can and left the lunch room.

little did she know, her best friends saw the whole thing.