Chapter 2️⃣0️⃣

( V's Memories)

21st September, 1997.

I was randomly flying around when the wailing of an infant caught my attention, making me fly towards the house the crying was coming from.

I stopped in front of the window, peeking inside the room to see the crying baby.

That was the first time I met Jungkook, when he was just an infant, crying inside his blue crib. His parents were desperately trying to stop his crying, but it was all fruitless.

After some time both his parents left his room, he was still crying though.

I could not ignore him, so I opened the window and stepped inside the infant's room. Slowly and carefully, I walked towards the crib, peering inside it to look at the crying baby.

His doe like big eyes were red from crying, but before I could do anything the sound of the door opening grabbed my attention and I quickly flew out of the room.

3 years later.

It had been 3 years...and I had continuously went to earth, just to see Jungkook.

He is growing up fast, I could only watch from the distance.

Until that day.

Jungkook was playing inside the living room, his mom was ironing clothes on the ironing board, when the doorbell rang and his mom went to see who it was.

I watched from on top of the couch as Jungkook crawled towards the board quickly, his head hitting the leg of the table. The collision caused the iron to fall down.

With a gasp I quickly stood up from the couch and ran towards him and snatched him in my arms just as the iron fell where he was just some seconds ago.

The sound of the iron hitting the floor made Jungkook's mom run inside the living room anxiously, just to see the iron on the floor and Jungkook sitting right beside the board, flapping his hands happily.

“What just happened here...” I remember, this was what Mrs Jeon had said.

12 years later.

Jungkook was fifteen years old now and it's his first day at highschool.

How he got into highschool was beyond me... Let us just say he was not the brightest star in the sky. But he was excellent at dancing and singing. Jungkook had such a sweet voice, like an angel's.

I watched as he got down from the bus and went straight towards his first class, sitting at the far back when he finally reached it.

He was silent before the teacher came in and probably would have stayed silent if the teacher had not asked everyone to introduce themselves.

I watched as jungkook went to the front of the room when it was his turn, “He-hello my name is Jeon Jungkook...pl-please take good care of me.” he had said hurriedly and nervously, which had caused the rest of the class to laugh.

I was very angry...and I had wanted to do punish all those children for laughing at my Jungkook. I couldn't do anything though.

After three classes it was time for lunch and I saw Jungkook hurrying out of the class. A group of boys following behind him.

Suspicious of the boys' intention I followed behind just in time to see one of the boys pushing jungkook down on the ground.

I knitted my brows, disgusted by their behavior, “I can not let them hurt my Jungkook...” I had thought angrily and was charging towards them, my black wings flapping angrily, when another group of boys, older than Jungkook, noticed the commotion and scared the bullies away.

It was a group of five boys who had saved Jungkook.

And these five boys were his only friends.

I was grateful for their existence.

Although it still hurted a lot that jungkook couldn't see me. Yet.

4 years later, 1st September, 2016

It was Jungkook's birthday and he had came outside to a restaurant to celebrate the day with his five best friends.

They were all goofing around and just having fun until jungkook drank something and rushed towards a toilet to vomit. His friends had to take him to his house and face his mom's wrath.

Next day I got to know that Jungkook was moving to Seoul, and I followed his car.

But this time he noticed my shadow. Several times.

Can he see me now? I was thinking as I stared at the sleeping Jungkook that night.

“Ho-mun?” I had tried saying aloud, obviously getting the pronunciation wrong. But I had gotten it wrong the next time too, which resulted in me to screech.

That had woken Jungkook up and I had gotten scared, he can see me... And just like that I was gone.

All the memories of the days that followed came alive as a single drop of tear left my left eye.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

(Third person POV)

Back in his room, Jungkook woke up with a gasp, his whole body covered in sweat.

He had just witnessed V's memories in his dream.

~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N

The longest chapter so far 😆