Chapter 2️⃣9️⃣

(Third Person POV)

“What?!” both Mr and Mrs Jeon were shocked at this sudden declaration, they stared at their son as if he had grown another head.

“I like V. Not in a ‘friend like’ way but in a ‘love like’ way.” Jungkook repeated himself and went back to eating.

V, who was eating with all his attention, had gone completely still and was staring at the wall in front of him with a blank look on his face.

“Are you asking for our permission or just informing us?” Mr Jeon asked.

“Informing you.” Jungkook replied, “But it'd be nice to have your permission.” he quickly added.

“I- Honey... what do you think?” struggling to answer, Mr Jeon asked his wife.

For her part though, Mrs Jeon was unnaturally quiet. She lifted her head up, her expression was unreadable, “Well...if you have already set your mind then what's the point of asking for our permission?”

“Mom- I- it's not like tha- Mom! Where are you going?” Jungkook's voice showed hints of panic when Mrs Jeon suddenly stood up and without any word, went straight to her bedroom. Jungkook too stood up to stop his Mom but his Dad stopped him.

“Let her be... she's just disappointed...”

“What? Disappointed because I like a guy?” Jungkook snapped, this whole situation was very comical for him.

“It's not like that Son...sh-”

“Just leave it Dad...Aish...I don't feel like eating anymore... I'm going.” with that Jungkook dashed towards his bedroom that was upstairs.

Mr Jeon sighed, even he felt like retiring to his room but knew that it'd be rude if all of them left. So, he turned towards V, his movements awkward, “So...uh...”

V seemed to be in a daze and when Mr Jeon spoke to him, he snapped back to reality and stared at the older man with curiousity, “Did you say something?”

“Let's finish eating... Do you want to watch football after this?” Mr Jeon suggested, he never had the chance to watch a football match with his son.

This caught V's attention and he eagerly nodded his head and after they had finished eating they sat down in front of the TV, “Oh! I forgot about the lamb skewers! Lemme go and heat them up...” Mr Jeon quickly got up, picked up the bag that was on the coffee table and went towards the kitchen.

When he came back he found Vlooking at the TV screen intently. This made Mr. Jeon smile, “You like the match?”

“What is that round object that they are kicking around?” V asked, his eyes were still fixed on the screen.

“That is a ball...” and as Mr jeon continued explaining to him how the game worked and what the rules were, his eyes sparkled.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Morning arrived and when the mother and son duo came out of their room, they found Mr Jeon and V sleeping on the couch, leaning against each other while the TV played some advertisement.

“Did these two sleep here? That being sleeps?” Mrs Jeon asked her son.

“Well... he's a human now.” Jungkook shrugged and went to wake the two up, “Dad? V? Wake up guys!”

“They are completely out cold...thank God it's Sunday...” Mrs Jeon said when the sleeping duo continued sleeping.

“It's not okay Mom...we have to go back too.” Jungkook replied nudging V .

“Where are we...?” V asked, rubbing the sleep off of his eyes.

“Good thing you woke up. Get ready we have to leave.”

“What about breakfast?” Mrs Jeon sounded hurt because of what her son said.

“We should eat breakfast. Is it ramen?” V asked curiously.

“Yeah...you should eat before you leave.” Mr Jeon, who had awoken too, said.

“Yeah... I'll quickly go and prepare something.”

“Do you need any help?” V asked when he saw Mrs Jeon hurrying.

“What?”

“Help.”

“You don't know how to cook though...” Jungkook pointed out the obvious.

“I can try to help her at least.”

Mrs Jeon stayed silent, never was she ever offered a help, neither from her husband nor her son, “Umm...that would be nice.”

“What do I have to do?” V asked while walking towards the kitchen.

“Umm...wash the...”

And after that V helped Mrs Jeon with small tasks, washing fruits, bringing plates, stirring occasionally, etc.

Even though it took the two an hour to prepare breakfast, they finished eating in fifteen minutes, “That was really good.” Mr Jeon commented and from beside him, Jungkook nodded his head in agreement.

“Thank for helping V.” Mrs Jeon finally smiled at him and V gave her an adorable box smile. The tension between the two had resolved while working in the kitchen.

Soon enough it was time for V and Jungkook to leave. They were quite satisfied too as Mrs Jeon had asked V to visit anytime he wanted.

“Looks like you won their hearts.” Jungkook said, smiling, as they made their way back to his apartment.

“I think... What about yours though?”