Chapter 2️⃣6️⃣

(Third Person POV)

“So... what's up with him?” Jin asked when they were finally done eating. V had found the ramen so delicious that he had eaten half of Jungkook's portion too.

“We told you guys already...” Jungkook sighed, he was quite content watching V savour the noodles.

“That part with him being an angel?” Jin asked again, he was the only one asking questions, even Yoongi had grown to like the strange being that V was.

“Yes.”

“Oh you got to be kidding me! How can he-” Jin pointed at V, “- be an angel when he looks nothing like one?  Where's his halo?!”

“Not all angels have halo...” V spoke up, his gaze drifting off towards Jungkook ever so slightly.

“By chance...are you two to-”

“V...” Jungkook suddenly said when he noticed something on V's back, “Yah! Turn around!” with force he turned V around, so that he could properly look at his back.

With horror, Jungkook saw that the white shirt that V was wearing had red marks on it, “What in th- come with me.” with that he literally dragged V out of there and went straight to the toilet, “Take it off.”

“What?”

“Your shirt...I think you are bleeding.” without waiting for V's consent, Jungkook started unbuttoning his shirt.

“Hey wha- woahhh I swear I didn't see anything! Continue!” Jimin's voice temporarily interrupted them but Jungkook didn't pay any attention to this, V was more important than any misunderstanding right now.

“What was he talking about?” V questioned but Jungkook stayed silent and continued taking V's shirt off.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

(V's POV)

I was trying really hard not to let this close proximity with Jungkook affect me but it was getting harder for me to stay calm, the need to feel his skin against mine and my instinct to survive was getting the best of me.

I drew in a sharp breath when Jungkook's fingers grazed my bare chest while he was taking the shirt off  but the gasp that followed made me frown. I turned my back towards the mirror in front of us to inspect what had made Jungkook so surprised, and there on my back, where my wings had been, were two angry red wounds.

But the wounds didn't surprise me, what surprised me was the concerned look on Jungkook's face, before I knew it Jungkook's hands were on my back, checking the wounds

Seven days... Jungkook's intriguing smell... Aishh...why are these wounds burning so suddenly? It was fine...

My mind started getting dizzy after that and before I could comprehend anything, I had lost consciousness.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

(JK's POV)

Watching V collapse like that was too much for me, suddenly his words came back to haunt me.

If I'm right...he only has a week left...is this why he fainted like this... “HYUNG! HYUNG PLEASE COME QUICKLY! HYU-ng” my voice cracked as I struggled to support V's limp body.

“Why are you sho- what happened to him?!”

“Is he okay?”

“Jungkook stop crying...what happened?” Namjoon hyung asked as he helped me support V.

“I don't know hyung...he just...he ju-”

“But you were making out when I came to check!” Jimin sounded confused as he stared at the unconscious, half naked V.

“Is that blood on your hands? Are you hurt?” Jin hyung said when he noticed my hands.

“It's not his...V is bleeding...” Hoseok hyung noticed that even Namjoon hyung's hands were all bloodied.

“That wound... doesn't it look a bit weird?” Yoongi hyung eyed the wounds with suspicious gaze.

“That's where his wings were...” I replied weakly.

“Enough talking...we should talk him to a hospit-”

“No hyung! My house... please help me take him to my house...” by now I could sense a tab bit of pain on my back too. Is this what he's going through? I thought helplessly as I stared at V's face, which was turning pale at an alarming rate.

“Let's just get him out of here quickly.” Namjoon hyung suggested and I nodded my head in agreement.

“Here... cover him up with this.” Hoseok hyung offered me the jacket he was wearing and I gratefully accepted it, drapping it over V's body.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

(Third Person POV)

“Someone open the door.” Yoongi said once they reached Jungkook's apartment. They had finally brought V there after some difficulty.

In response, Jimin took the key from Jungkook and unlocked the door, opening it wide so that Namjoon and Jungkook could enter easily while holding V.

“Why is his body so cold?” Hoseok asked once they had somehow managed to place V on Jungkook's bed.

“Do you have any more comforters?” Jin asked and together with Jungkook they both walked over to the storage room.

Back in Jungkook's room, V was fully covered in sweat and the others found it very strange that even though V was cold he was still sweating.

After some time, Jin and Jungkook returned with the extra comforters and with everyone's help covered V with them.

“We'll check up on you guys tomorrow... take care of him.” Yoongi said and Namjoon hugged Jungkook comfortingly and after saying goodbye, all of them left.

Alone again, Jungkook returned to his room to check on V. He was still covered in sweat and even though he had three comforters on top of him, his body wasn't getting warmer.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N

Another long chapter with a cliffhanger lol