Chapter 16

Valeria P.O.V

We got off the boat and we meet up by the cars. It was already 3 pm and we have reservations at 8 for dinner.

''Can we go see central'' Mrs.Wallance asked. We all agreed with the plan and got in the car.

We pulled up to the park and got out. It was huge in all the years I've lived in new York I've never been here.

We wondered towards the duck lake were there was a man selling bread to feed the ducks.

''I will go get some'' I said.

''I'll come with Blair offered. We walked to the man.

''We'll take 3 bags please'' I handed him a 20 dollar bill.

''It's nice having the here'' Blair looked back at our family.

''It is''I agreed.''Too bad they will have to leave tomorrow''

''Yeah are they sure they can't stay longer''

''I doubt it'' I grabbed the bag for the man and handed Blair one ''They have their own lives to get back to''

''I know'' She let it go as we approached. I handed a bag to Aunt Wallance.

''Thank you'' she walked toward the ducks as we followed. We feed the ducks as they flocked towards us. When we we done we kept walking to other areas of the park.

Time flied by as we kept catching up. Pretty soon it was 7:30.

''We should go to our reservations now''I look up from my watch.

''Yeah were did all the time go'' He look at his watch too. We walk to the cars and got in and drove to the world trade center. We had reservation for the rooftop restaurant.

We pulled up and got in going to the elevator. I pushed the top button.

''Sorry but I have something to get from my office''Raffele pushed one of the higher up floors.

Raffele P.O.V

''I'll come with you'' Mr.Frye said.

''No need it will be quick'' I rejected.

''No I insistent'' He kept on. My floor came and we both walked out. We walked all the way to my door in silence.

''So you and my daughter'' He said.

''No Sir we are just friends'' I got nervous.

''I see the way you look at her'' He walked closer.

''With all due respect your misreading the situation'' I shock my head. I grabbed my folder.

''No am not but you don't see it yet'' I turned to face him. ''Look son I have stage 4 cancer my daughter doesn't need to know this but in case am not hear please take care of her she all I have'' The look in his eye look so truthful and sincere.

''Yes sir'' I just said unable to say anything else.

''You got it'' Lucas popped his head in.

''Yeah let's go''I walked out first. We rode the elevator up and when we got their I followed Lucas to were the girls were settled.

''Everything ok''Valeria asked her eyes moving between her father and I as if she could sense the conversation I just had.

''Of course sweetheart''Her dad answered. I could tell she wasn't convinced but non the less dropped the subject.

''Is the rest of your party here''A waitress approached us.

''Yes we are ready''Blair answered.

''Can I start you off with any drinks''She off red going on about the specialty. We ate in the moon light. When we were all done we got up and walked out. And went back to my place.

''Am so tired am going to bed''Seemed to be everyone favorite sentence leaving me and Valeria down stairs.

''Good night daddy''I heard her say.

''Again thank you some much Raffele,'' She said ounce everyone had disappeared''This has really meant the world. Plus my parents are going back tomorrow morning and that mean I can tell you what I found out that should crack the case right open.''

''Am sure you do''I got closer and gave her a kiss let her lips go''Good night Valeria'' I went up the stairs to get some sleep.

When I woke up in the morning both my car and Valeria were gone. She always takes my cars with her's sitting right there.

I went to call a meeting letting her and Blair know to meet us in the conference room as soon as they got back. Since her parent left it's time to get back to work. Got it see text back.

I set up the room and invited Lucas in and 10min later Blair walked in pecking Lucas on the lips as she set next to him

''Where is Valeria'' I asked

''Changing she said with the news she had it called for a new outfit'' She rolled her eyes.

''Talking about me I see'' Valeria came in with a all red over the shoulder plain body con dress with a matching per on nude heels. It was worth the wait.

''Well let me tell you what I got''Valeria snatched the remote from out my hand. And a picture of Sam

''Do you know who this is Raffele'' she looked over her shoulder at me knowing I knew ''Fine I'll tell you she fully turned around ''This is one of your man that would never betray you''

''What your point here''I was now interested.

''Well I'll tell you,''She said enjoying this way too much ''This is the Sam the sad part is all it took was 1 night with me''

''uhmm'' lucas coughed. Valeria walked back to the bored.

''Play it'' I said.

''Play what ''Valeria turned to me.

''The tape,play it'' I almost growled. She pushed play and I saw indeed Jim and Valeria having dinner and like she said she flirt and he confessed.

''Cater did this'' Blair yelled.

''You know who he is'' Lucas asked. I saw Valeria turning her head away.

''He is our boss at the organization his the one who sent you to Raffele right Valeria?" Blair looked at her friend.

''Yes um yes he is'' Valeria look nervous.

''AND YOU WANTED TILL NOW TO TELL ME YOU FOUND OUT WHO DID IT?'' I yelled.

''I tired to but remember you said to wait till my parent left'' She answered.

''Guys let's find a solution''Lucas tired to defuse the situation.

''Well I have one,'' I packed up and got up''Ask Her'' I pointed at Valeria ''To whore herself out again and get him to come here to spend the night'' I pushed the door open and left.