helping a young titanshifter

i sat at the table in the mess hall, it was quiet. i sat down with my book in my hands.  i sat on the other end of the table while eren sat in the middle and levi sat on the other end. i sipped on my coffee before picking up my spoon and dipping in my soup.i raised the spoon to my mouth, the scent made me gag a bit, but i drank it anyways. a chill ran down my body.i leaned back in my chair and looked at eren who looked very uncomfortable in this quiet room.

"so eren, how old are you?" he turns his head at me 

"f-fifthteen" i nodded my head 

"halfway to being a adult? do you have friends?"  

"yes mikasa and armin.a few more but i am with them mostly" i nodded my head.

"it must be good to have friends?" he nods his head.

"i grew up with them" 

"tell me about them.by their names mikasa must be a girl and armin is a boy" 

"yes.mikasa is very strong sometimes clingy.armin is the smart one, and he would tell me about the saltwaters, and snowy deserts" i nod my head.

"i take it that you are curious about the outside of these walls?" he looks down at his plate.

"who wouldn't? i mean we should have the right to, we were born in this world.that is why i wanted to join the survey corps when i was younger"

 i leaned forwards." you know, i feel like i heard those same words from someone before during the 847 attack." i leaned back "oh yeah, didn't i seen you before.you and that girl were trying to save the women trapped under a house.i take it as she is your mother" he nods his head.

" thank you for saving us that day" 

"i couldn't let you both die.and if i didn't, you wouldn't be here, right?" i chuckled "i saved humanitied hope"

he frowns as he looks down "whats with the frown?" he suddenly stands up before bowing down to me.

"I'm sorry for being the reason your squad die!" his actions caught me and levi off guard."i tried to avenge them but i failed!"i stared at this kid.

"eren-"

 "they shouldn't have died! they didn't deserve to!"

 "eren!" he raises his head to me.he is crying, why is he?

"come here" he slowly stands up and walks to me, wiping his eyes with his arm.i stared at him 

" it's alright-" 

"no it isn't it was my fault the best squad is now gone" a sigh escapes my mouth.

"it's not your entire fault, i wasn't there when i should have been." his red eyes looking at me."it was my job to keep them safe, i failed them.you did nothing wrong" i held out my hand towards him.

" don't y-you have a clean thing too?" i shook my head as i forced a smile.

"that is levi's thing" his hand slowly grabbed mines.i pulled him towards me and  before hugging him.

"i find it odd how you cry for them but i don't.it makes me seem like a villain.but eren, if you keep blaming youself, then you won't be able to live long.think of what armin and mikasa, they would be sad too." i petted his head.

"i should have came sooner, if i did then i would have been able to save your mom.and i am sorry for that. for you to be a teenager who lost his mother at the young age is very hard.but it is ok to cry, to be mad, to regret, but you can't for too long or else you will start feeling gulity. i am sure your mother wouldn't be happy that you die because you couldn't let it go, i'm not saying forget about her and move on.i am saying, forgive her and my squad. they are in a better place now, watching over us" i felt his nod his head.

" why am i cheesy?" i muttered hearing eren laugh against me.

"do you feel better now?" i feel him nod his head "don't be scare to come talk to me, as a kid who became humanities hope, it is a lot of pressure.don't be scare, i'll even give you a hug again" i whisper in his ear.

"yes captain" 

"now get up from your knees.the ground isn't comfortable." he slowly stood up from the ground and smiles.

"thank you captain" he bows "now eat before your food gets too cold that you have heat it up again" he returns to his seat and begins eating.

"aww finally i see y/n acting normal" hanji appears from behind."normal?" i sip my coffee.

"so y/n, if i may.i wanted to send the miliarty police to go find your kidnapper." i tensed up.

" he won't be a problem as far as i know.i already taken care of him-" 

"did you kill him?" my eyes landed on levi.i narrowed them 

"no.anyways hanji, i never gave you permission to go tell the miliary police"

 "sorry.but what happened that took you so long to return" she whispers. i coughed 

"hanji, i wouldn't like talking about things i don't like when i am eating" i sip my coffee.

"alright but if you need anything. come by my lab, and i do need to keep your physical to make sure you are doing fine" i nod my head

i rub my arms, just thinking about my torn flesh, a feeling made me feel uneasy.i stood up "im going to bed early. levi tell me the plans for tomorrow.good night all of you" i walk out to my room.i closed the door and slid down, i covered my face"why won't this feeling leave me alone."