some questions answered

a slight breeze hitting my face and a bright light shining on my face, causing me to wake up.i forced my eyes to open but quickly cringed at the sudden brightness.i covered my eyes and grabbed the hard wall i leaned on.the texture was hard, i knew it was a tree.i look behind me to see a large forest "how did i get here?" i mumbled as i stood up and leaned on the tree, i look at the rising sun.the bright yellow and orange color in the sky, birds flying pass.it looked really pretty.

"akria?" i turned around, noticing feet on the other side of the tree.i walked to the other side and peeked over 

"kenny?" he had half of his face burned and was bleeding from his side.i walked in front of him and looked down at him."did it fail?" he took a shakey breath and nod his head.he looked up at me 

"right now is a good time to ask me questions before i die" i stared down at him.the chirping sound stopped, it was quiet.too quiet for my liking.i bent down and sat in front of him, crunching the grass under me.

"how much were you going to get you trained me?" i stared blankly at him as i fidget with my fingers.

"nothing" my fingers stopped moving.i look down at my hands 

"what?if you aren't getting anything then why did you waste your time then?" 

"can't i spend time with you?" my confusion slowly turned to anger, rage.

"what the hell are you talking about?spend time with me?is this joke supposed to make me laugh?" i look back at his half messed up face that i hated to very much."weren't you the one who left without  questioning it?weren't you the one who tried to kill me many times?i thought you wanted me dead" i rest my hands on the soft grass.he didn't say anything.the breeze that hit us both, it was thick, hard to breath.the quiet sound around me was making me more mad and crazy as more time passed by.

"i know saying sorry won't do-"

"your damn right!sorry isn't going to do shit!tell me why the hell did you leave just like that!?why were you trying to kill me all those times?tell me why did we act like a normal family because you left us?"i snapped at him.he closed his eyes and took another shakey breath."stop acting like your last breath is coming and answer my questions before it does!"

he opened his eyes and looked at me.his eyes moved down, he stared at his hands that lay weakly on him."i wasn't ready to be a father" my eyes stayed on the ground.i let the words sink in, into my head.

"wasn't ready?then why the hell did you help bring a child into the world?!don't give me that bullshit"

"i wasn't enough to be a father.i killed people, i didn't think you would see me as a father.i hoped you would see me as a stranger or a uncle.ever since you called me father, i became mad.everything i did, i have no excuse.i left so you can hopefully have a normal life, hoping you wouldn't remember me.but of course you didn't"

"you expect to bring a child here, and i wasn't supposed to think you of a father?you make no sense."

"i didn't want you to see me as a father. i wasn't, and still not a good example to be one.but still you became a mini me.but you are stronger then i'll ever hope.your kagune is really pretty, the colors were so bright and beautiful.you have created a bridge between humans and ghouls, i just can't believe your my child.you can bring peace of everyone or destory everything, can't you see how proud i am to see how you grew up."a small smile grew on his face and lets out a very weak chuckle.

"i don't want to be the next dangerous being.i just wanted to live my life and die normally.is that too much to ask?" i drop my head down and stared at the green grass.

"i'm sorry akria for everything that happened.i hope you can forgive me."i felt his hand on my head, his fingers playing with my hair."please don't be mad at me.i don't want to die with you mad at me" i lift my head up and looked at him.

his eyes started to become pale, and his skin lost color."i'm not anymore-"

"don't leave anything, bury my bones somewhere.just don't let that guy touch me"

the soft sound of his hand falling on the ground, i look at him. his closed eyes and pale color.i sat there until i heard footsteps coming towards me."the man died?oh well, are you going to eat him?i'm hungry" 

"no" i stood up "your not touching him"

"are you going to eat him?" i look down at kenny.without saying anything i bent down and picked up kenny's dead body up.

"so you aren't mad at him anymore?anyways do you think your ready for the upcoming battle?since you were able to surive this battle, i cannot be sure that you'll surive it."

"i don't mind.kenny said i am the bridge between humans and ghouls, i'll just fight.i die, i die, i live, i'll be killed by doves.it shouldn't matter, i don't have anyone waiting for me"

"no" hearing a sound from behind.i turned around and looked at levi, we both stared at each other.i turned back around and walked down the hill.

timeskip

i pushed the last pile of dirt over kenny's body.i stared at the grave stone i made for kenny.it wasn't hard, just used a big stone and used my kagune to crave the name and the date of his birth and death.i close my eyes "i didn't even called you father and yet you died asking for forgivness.but still died peacefully" i muttered.i picked a flower and set it on the ground.

"rest in peace, kenny"