031

A D D I S O N

We both stare at the ceiling in silence. I begin to feel panic in my bones. He can't come back as soon as everything's okay.

"You alright?" Nadia asks. Well I can't go and ruin her day.

"Yeah I'm fine, just Ashton." I shrug.

"Yeah I can't believe you forgave him that quickly." Nadia hums.

"He's a handful, but I threw away a lot for him, so I'm not gonna let him being jealous get the best of this relationship before it's even begun." I nod.

"Do you think you love him?" Nadia turns her body so she's facing me. I turn my body to meet hers.

"I think I will. Just not yet. I know I want him. I want him more than anything right now. And maybe it's best I haven't had him before. But there's something in the way he talks and walks and smiles. It makes me want him even more. Though he can be a bit of a dick head." I laugh slight shaking my head. "He's my dickhead." I repeat the cheesy quote.

"Yeah it's just- never mind." Nadia shakes her head.

"No, what?" I ask.

"Just, you said the same thing about Ryder." Nadia shrugs.

I swallow hard. "Ryder was different."

"Was he though?" Nadia asks.

"Ryder and I were in love. Or I thought at least. Ryder's a lot different then Ashton. Ashton's a douche but he's honest. Ryder spoke so sweetly but had different intentions. I think he loved me but I can never really but too sure. And that was just the way Ryder was. When Ashton feels things I know now." I nod.

"Addison I just think you have a bad taste in boys. And as your best friend I can say that." Nadia tells me. I bite my lip. If anyone other than Nadia told me that I'd be very upset. But she's right, she's my best friend and she knows me. Sometimes better than I know myself.

"You're right. But he deserves a chance." I swallow.

"That's where you're too good. Nobody deserves a chance. In this world we don't deserve anything, we earn it. But you're too kind too see that sometimes." Nadia tells me.

"Same for you." I yawn.

"I mean other than the times when we're both big ol' fake bitches." Nadia laughs.

"And that's the tea!" We giggle. The room falls silent. "I miss Ivy."

"Yeah me too." Nadia sighs. "She would have kicked Luke and Ashton's asses." We both laugh.

"Heard she's got a new boy." I wiggle my brows.

"At least she likes it there." Nadia yawns.

"Yeah." I nod. We both fall into a comfortable silence and soon fall asleep.

-

I wake up to the sound of rocks hitting the window. I push myself off the bed and peck out the window. Nobody. I groan heading downstairs to get a snack and some water. The house was dead. I look at the clock on the microwave.