044

N A D I A

I hang up the phone not focusing on it. He'll be fine. I head to the football field. Our teacher didn't show up to class so we all got a free period. I pull out my notebook and my pen. I begin writing our personal note from this semester. Each semester we write notes for our to get in senior year. No one else reads them except us. I begin to write about myself and my accomplishments I've made this year. The thought of Luke came in a couple times. I look up to see Amelia chasing the football team. Guess just like that shes on to the next. I see Quinn in his outfit. The royal blue colour suits him nicely. He notices me looks and sends a smirk my way. I smile softly before returning to my book.

Boys are complicated. They don't make sense right now. Let's hope they're better next year. They probably won't be though.

I think about what I'm gonna write.

What Luke did was wrong, but I can't help but think what I'm doing is worse. He's in the hospital because of me and I'm sat here writing this. Luke went through the ringer but so did I. I was at his bed everyday and every night. He was gone and I was there. Maybe I was being too much for him-

No. No he knew what he was doing was wrong. So fucking wrong.

I erase my last sentence and groan.

"You alright there?" Quinn's voice laughed slightly as he sat down beside me. I look up from the paper to see his sparkling eyes.

"Yeah," I nod. "Just need to get this done." I bite the inner of my mouth.

"Well there's a party at my house tonight, I know you're busy but if you could make time, I'd love to have you there." He takes his lip between his teeth. Luke does this a lot but his lip ring make it's a bit more sexy.

Stop thinking about him.

"Yeah, send me your address?" I smile.

"Send me yours I'll come pick you up." Quinn smirks and walks away. I pick up my notebook and pen again.

Sometimes you just need to do something to get over it.

-

As I put on my small black dress and look at my nice curled hair. I got a few texts from Addison telling me about how Luke's doing. I left her on read a lot though I am thankful he has her to watch over him.

I text Quinn asking when he'll be here. My phone dings.

Now.

I look out the window and see Quinn in a Lexus. Quinn's family was pretty well off. Just like Lilly's, Addisons, and mine.

I head out of my room flipping of my brother Thomas on the way out. He laughs flipping me off too.

I throw on some flats and smile. Tonight is the night to take your mind off everything. I walk out the door to see him out of the car. He plays with his T-shirt before looking up at me and smiling.

"You look stunning." Quinn takes my hand walking me to my door. He opens it for me and leads me in. As I sit down he closes the door and runs over to the other side of the car getting in. "Okay I have a confession." He looks at me. I raise a brow.

"Which is?" I laugh.

"I may or may not have told the football team you were my date." Quinn bites his bottom lip.

I take a deep breath. Luke and I just finished things. I couldn't imagine how hurt Luke would be if he found out. But right now I was trying not to think about that fluffy haired boy. I was busy thinking about me and how I was going to do this.

"Okay." I nod.

"Okay?" He questions.

"It's a date." I shrug looking him in the eyes. A smile takes over his face as he looks down.

"You won't regret it." He smiles softly melting my heart a bit.

"I hope not." I hum looking out the window as he begins to drive.

-

When we got to the house it was already full of drunk teens. I didn't go to much party's around here but at the lake house Addison, Lilly and I were ALWAYS partying. This was weird none of them were here. They were both still at the hospital. Lilly sent me updates about how Calum kept licking Luke's forehead and how Ashton showed up. In all honesty it made me kinda sad.

Quinn took my hand and lead me to the the kitchen.

"You look like a Jack and coke type of girl." Quinn says as he pouts mainly Jack Daniels into the red solo cup. Then he pours just Jack into his cup. I smile softly. The sound of loud booming music bumps through Quinn's expensive speakers. He hands me the cup.

"Your parents don't care that kids ruin your house?" I question.

"As long as I clean the house after." He shrugs. He takes my hand pulling me to the couch's. The whole football team sits with girls on them and a bunch of red solo cups in their hands. Quinn's sits on the couch then pulls me on top of them.

We sit and listen to all the jokes. Quinn whispers and giggles into my ear. The alcohol washes over me and I begin to feel light headed.

"So how long have you two been together?" Tyler one of the players asks.

I go to say we aren't but Quinn cuts me off.

"It's recent." He shrugs then looks down at me. Everyone goes back to their other conversations. "Right?" Quinn asks. I know this question means more than he puts off.

"Right." I swallow. Two could play that game Hemmings.

He smirks grabbing my chin and pulling my face in. He kisses softly and I smile into it, wishing it was Luke's mouth. But I won't let myself fall back into someone who hurt me so bad.

I won't let anyone hurt me anymore.

It's been a couple months again....

IM SORRY IM TRYING 🥺🥺

I love you if you're reading this,

Peace ❤️

Ps I graduated 👩🏽‍🎓

-R