042

L U K E

They let me go home.

Which meant a lot of chicken noodle soup for the soul, kisses from Nadia and whispering. I've tried to make out what they're talking, but apparently reading lips isn't my strong suit.

Nadia sits next to me. I play with her hair, watching her face. The way her cheek bones dip into hollow river of her cheek. Her deep eyes narrow at the movie, she's probably watch hundreds of times. But I won't say that.

Mr.Throneberry and Addison had developed quite an unusual friendship. They're always hanging out. Ashton hadn't been around. Not even to visit me. Cal and Michael both come over to play video games and jam a lot. No body really tells me anything. They treat me like a child. Especially Nadia. She's worried about me. Who wouldn't be worried if their boyfriend was just in coma for a couple weeks. But I was fucking tired of it.

Tired of being babied. Tired of eating shitty soup. Tired of being tired. I just wanted to feel something. I close my eyes. The saw sound in the movie taking over mind.

"Break That bone back into place. Then screw a plate into it." The doctor tells them. I hear the bone saw start.

No no please!

I feel the tickle and the agonizing pain of my bones being cut inside me. The screaming never stopped. My brain felt like it was about to explode. I felt their fingers messing around with my organs and bones. Even when they left it, my lungs tickled.

"Luke?" Nadia asks, slapping me back into reality. I shift uncomfortably feeling the tickle.

"Yes?" I ask.

"Are you feeling alright? You seem distracted." She comments.

"Yeah I'm fine, I just think I need to rest up." I nod. Nadia nods back softly. She's noticed my distance.

"How about I go get us ice cream and you can call me when you wake up." She smiles, softly placing her hand on my cheek. I agree as she grabs her car keys. "I love you Luke." She's already out the door before I can say it back. I pull out my phone to text Cal to bring me a burger. Then I see her name.

Amelia. Amelia and I fooled around before Nadia and I got together.

iMessages:
Amelia

Amelia
Hey hon, you doing
any better?
Read

Luke
Im fine.

Amelia
You sure? I could always
come over to help you feel
better? ;)

Luke
No.

Amelia
You sure??

Luke
Yeah, I'm sure.

Luke
I'll come to yours.

Amelia
Great. See you soon
;)
Seen

I turn off my phone. Amelia doesn't live too far. I'm sure I could just walk. I stand up feeling light headed. I sit down dizzy.