034

Before the accident

A D D I S O N

"You're a dick." I shake my head at Ashton.

"What I just said that you look bigger." Ashton scoffs. "That's not even a fucking insult Addi it's just the truth." Ashton puts his hands up in defence. Some days I swear we fight for ages.

"Don't call me that!" I growl.

"Why not?" Ashton raises his voice.

"Because I don't like it!" I yell back.

"Well you don't like a lot of things, but I still do them." Ashton shrugs rolling his eyes like a spastic child.

"You know why I don't like it when you call me that!" I feel the heat raising in my cheeks and body.

"Well why don't you got fucking cry to Wes?" He raises a brow. I don't know if it's the anger or the lack of sleep the past couple days but I feel a warmth run down my face. I begin to feel the tears building at their wells. I wipe my cheek turning around so Ashton can't see me. We sit in his car as his chest falls up and down. I silently cry into my arm.

"Addison?" He questions softly. I sniffle but turn to hide it. Failing. "Babe." He hums softly. His hand making its way onto my back knowing he's not gonna get a response. "I'm sorry." He whispers. I keep crying. "And I know I don't show it very well and it probably just seems like I'm saying it to stop you from crying but I mean it. I don't like fighting. Not with you. I just want us to work perfectly but we don't. But I like what we have, eh? Don't you?" He asks playing with my hair. I turn to look at him and nod a bit.

He wipes my tears with his thumbs. His hand lingering so he's just holding my face. His breath fanning onto my face. I feel his cool mint running down my spine.

"You can be a really big asshole, Ashton Irwin."

"And you can be the biggest pain in my butt, Addison Hemmings." He replies smirking.

I lean in and peck his lips, smelling his aftershave. A scent I've come to memorize. The warm vanilla mixed with a hard musk smell. I like to steal his sweaters because they still smell of him. It's been a month and a half. Ryder hasn't made any more advances. But he's back in business with dad. Which means he's at every Saturday dinner. Oh and they are the most uncomfortable situations.

"I always thought little Addison and Calum were destined to be together but I guess a drummer for a son-in-law isn't too bad!"

Mom would laugh as she continued to embarrass us.

"Once I caught Ash staring at Addison as she was talking about Wes, I thought he was gonna shoot something."

I couldn't help but to blush. Did he really always care this much. Sometimes even I found it hard to believe that the Ashton Irwin picked me. Even as our lips connect and he puts the stray hairs behind my ear. I debate it a lot.

"I love you." He muttered against my lips.

I stop before smiling. "What?" I asked.

"I said when do you need to be home?" He asked again. Sometimes I'd imagine him saying it. When it was gonna happen. If it was going to happen. I was ready. I knew how I felt. But I wasn't ready to admit it first. I did everything first. It was his turn to step it up. "Hello? Earth to A?" He questions. I shake my head kissing him once more.