Xue Yang (xiv)

With barely controlled deep breaths, Feng Xinya only parted his lips from Xue Yang's after two long minutes had finally passed. Before his mind could register what he was doing, his hot tongue had already grazed the boy's slender neck, leaving a wet trail in its wake as his blood-red eyes darkened and his pupils constricted slightly.

Feeling no reaction from the boy underneath him for a while now, it was like a bucket of cold water had been poured all over him as Feng Xinya quickly composed himself and loosened the hold on his wrists that were now slightly bruised with dark red and purple marks.

Feng Xinya slumped down, laying flat on top of Xue Yang not minding his own weight with his eyes tightly shut as he tried to control the intense and wild instincts running rampant inside of him currently, his head nuzzled in the crook of the boy's neck as he took in the calming scent of ambrosia.

It was only when he was confident that his eyes had reverted to its normal golden hazel hue that Feng Xinya lifted himself off from the dazed teenager and moved to sit at the side of the bed.

If he looked back, he would have been able to see relief swimming within the eyes of the youth. Not that he needed to look to know that the boy had relaxed when he put some distance between them. Similarly, the youth would have been able to see the confliction and irritation in Feng Xinya's. But the youth only knew that Feng Xinya thankfully was not only after his body like the others.

Feng Xinya hated not being in control of his own body. That kind of thing, was no different from his manipulation.

And clearly, the frail boy was uncomfortable. Otherwise he would not have frozen up at the very beginning, and then just hopelessly gave up in trying to resist when he found his efforts to be fruitless.

In all actuality, the two were extremely similar like Feng Xinya had previously said. They were the same. Both men had lived, bluntly speaking, pretty shitty lives. Yet they had clear goals in sight. Xue Yang wanted to live away from his past as well as from the people who had disappointed him. Feng Xinya wanted to destroy his captor and live freely.

But while Xue Yang had no more attachments, Feng Xinya was utterly broken as an ex-human and now-vampire. He didn't even know what he wanted to do after killing that man. What other reason would he have to live on then? He would have to live off of human blood, becoming a slave once again but this time to the vampire inside of himself.

He smirked, and it was one filled with cruelty and ruthlessness.

Who cared about what happened after as long as he died. And for that, he needed to complete the mission.

Pulling out the phone in his pocket, Feng Xinya completely disregarded Xue Yang in the room on the same bed as him as the person on the other side promptly picked up after the second ring.

"It's as we thought. Proceed."

Short and concise as always, Feng Xinya hung up when he had finished saying what he had to say.

"Have you calmed down?" After a short moment of silence he asked the boy who was still lying down in the same position behind him.

"Have you?" Xue Yang softly replied with a question of his own.

"En," Feng Xinya fell back onto the soft mattress, ultimately using Xue Yang's lap as a pillow. This time, seeing that both of them no longer had turbulent emotions, Xue Yang brought his own palm down to rest upon Feng Xinya's head.

Feng Xinya leisurely turned his head to face Xue Yang, who was already looking at him with his pale green eyes.

Feeling the gentle movements of the younger boy's fingers ruffling his hair, Feng Xinya left no room for negotiation when he declared with a low voice, "You aren't tainted."