Nangong Rui (ii)

To my patrons, I will try to post the tier rewards as the week progresses before the next update. This weekend was hell haha. And to everyone else, the last 2 sponsored chapters will be posted when I have time hopefully before the month is over (spring break is next week).

Restoring the fate of the world was a very broad mission.

While Xiao was searching for the way to crystallize Xinya's power, he didn't forget to complain about the mission. Even though he was the one who relayed it to his host, he didn't make it.

In the first place, Feng Xinya didn't know what the fate of the world was—would it be destroyed by the zombies or would humans successfully counterattack the apocalypse?

This was the main reason the little system could not handle the injustice.

"How could you restore something if you don't even know what to restore?! Should we push for human sovereignty? Or are we supposed to create the first-ever Zombie Kingdom ah?" Xiao was not as perceptive as his host, so he didn't realize how many clues had been thrown to them already.

Restoring the fate of the world meant that the current fate of the world was not aligned to its original fate.

The reason Feng Xinya felt that the mission was particularly easy and doable was that it in itself was the biggest hint provided to him by the system. Clearly, there was an outlier in this world apart from himself that was able to singlehandedly change the fate of the world by their actions.

With Feng Xinya's knowledge of his own world, it didn't take a genius to know that the only things capable of changing an entire world's fate either didn't belong to that world in the first place, the residents of that world had transcended beyond the world's control, or the "god" of the world was directly interfering.

In the case of transcendents, unless they were eccentric, it would be very rare for them to involve themselves in the fate of the world. After all, the price of such was their life. When the residents first transcended, they were required to vow to never interfere in worldly disputes and letting go of all ties. This was a universal law that existed in every world, including his own.

Feng Xinya believed that the gods were transcendents simply playing as gods, and as this wasn't his world he wouldn't rule out those scammers' possible involvement in its happenings using loopholes in the oath. Even if the so-called gods interfered using those loopholes, their efforts would be limited. So limited, that they couldn't physically interfere but were rather required to designate proxies. However, proxies wouldn't always retain the goals and missions assigned by the gods. Additionally, there were many variables in terms of the proxies' personalities and loyalties. After all, they were only human. If the proxies betrayed their gods, usually nothing would befall them. This was because the gods could only designate a limited number of proxies and would be reluctant to throw away their chess piece so thoughtlessly.

As for beings that didn't belong to the world, Feng Xinya was a prime example. He could change the fate of the world even without knowing the original fate with just a few words to different people if he wanted to. That was how influential foreign beings were.

So, imagine if there was someone who was aware of the fate of the world. Although prophets claimed to have the power of foresight, they were inevitably still residents of the world and were unable to change anything.

However, if someone foreign had the knowledge of the future, then they could at the very least completely derail the world's fate. If they willed it and had the capabilities, then it was even possible to control the world's fate. Feng Xinya felt that this was the most likely cause of the world's "collapse."