Nangong Rui (v)

After the conference was dismissed, Xiao's had finally finished compiling the relevant concrete info right before the minute hand reached 12, two hours and fifty-nine minutes into the promised three hours.

"To keep things short, in order to form a crystal nucleus from nothing is impossible for you at the moment, since you have just transported into this world.

However, there is an alternative method that would yield the same result. It is just a bit tedious.

I would have to explain to you about the Level system, first. You are already aware of the capability of the abilities of both humans and zombies to grow by absorbing crystal nuclei. In any case, the levels that were mentioned in the resources I found were based on the strength of the zombies. More specifically, the power level contained in their nuclei, which you are familiar with since you have exceptional perception and comprehension."

Xiao did not hesitate to score in some points by flattering his host. Unfortunately, his host was Feng Xinya, who viewed such minor details as a waste of time and breath. Not that Xiao had to breathe.

Although Xinya could already surmise how to differentiate the zombies by level from that much information, he still let the earpiece continue its rambling since it had yet to speak out the most important part—how much nuclei he needed.

Of course, Xinya did not necessarily need a quantitative number since he'd know if he had enough when he had enough just by being able to feel and compare the energy capacity of Sima Lei's shattered nucleus and the gathered zombie nuclei.

However, a precise number was preferred due to its efficiency. If he knew the specific number of certain nuclei that he needed to collect beforehand, then Xinya could cut the time he'd spend accumulating them possibly endlessly.

He definitely would not have a hard time dispatching the undead to excavate their crystal nuclei no matter what level they were. In this case, many would assume that the quickest way to repair the nucleus would be to amass as many higher-leveled nuclei as possible.

But that assumption was wrong because it was only the beginning of the apocalypse. How would there be so many higher-leveled undead only on the third day of the apocalypse?

With Xiao's estimation, he would be able to constantly adjust the number he needed from whichever rank of the undead available to him.

The cross earpiece was naturally aware that his host was just too omnipotent. He was already happy that he could help Feng Xinya in some way, albeit small.

He first clarified the level system as described in the novels even if his host was already knowledgeable of the general concept,

"The Levels are often very broadly categorized from Levels 1 to 5, with 1 being the weakest and 5 not necessarily being the peak of the humans' and zombies' potentials. Level 2 zombies should be a step above Level 1 zombies, while 3 would follow, and so on and so forth. Knowing you, it won't be hard to accurately gauge their Levels with perception alone.

There are probably no Level 4 or 5 zombies around just yet, but 3 seem to be a high possibility despite only being on the third day of the apocalypse due to the immensely high population of over 25 million in Z City.

Taking this into consideration, I have estimated the fastest way to fix your shattered nuclei requires, at the minimum, 300 Level 3 zombie crystal nuclei and 400 Level 4 nuclei..."

Hearing the number from his own "mouth," even Xiao felt discouraged and skeptical. However, it was not due to his host's nonexistent lack in ability but rather...

...could the supply keep up with the demand???

In any case, Feng Xinya would still go out to attain as much as he could even if the apocalypse was still in its beginning stages. Furthermore, he'd simply use the zombies' sharp senses to draw them to him, creating hordes to slay them en masse. Although he could not make his power explode with large fluctuations like Sima Lei before his death, simply using sound and sight to attract as many zombies as possible seemed plausible especially in the large metropolitan nearby.