Xue Yang (xvii)

At the dinner table, Ye Xia didn't dare to utter a single word. He didn't even want to look at anyone else at the table. Hell, since he knew that the meal was made by the combined efforts of the man he loved and that man's lover, he didn't even want to touch it but it smelled really good as opposed to what they normally ate for dinner and he was hungry. So he ate without looking up from his bowl.

Feng Xinya and Xue Yang acted as if nothing happened and continued eating the Italian dishes set up in front of them in silence.

There was only the occasional sound of metal clanking on glass.

Contrary to normal days, Ye Xia was the first to finish his meal and retreat to his room on the second floor.

Xue Yang was speechless at how the other boy was taking things but seeing as Feng Xinya wasn't saying or doing anything, he didn't do anything either.

Feng Xinya had already received the call from his superior earlier and his next set of orders was as expected.

Now, he only need to talk to Xue Yang about returning to A country.

He was worried about whether or not the boy would feel comfortable returning, but they would have to return regardless so Feng Xinya spent more time deliberating on what words to coax him with rather than worrying.

After the two cleaned up the dinner table, Xue Yang started on the dishes again. Feng Xinya stood beside him, drying and stacking the dishes leisurely onto the drying rack.

It was only when he felt confident about how he would relieve the boy of his worries about returning did he open his mouth, "We will be returning to A country in two days."

Xue Yang was truly perceptive. He knew that Feng Xinya only meant the two of them, otherwise he would have spoken up before Ye Xia returned to his room to rest. As for how he was going to rid himself of him, there were actually more ways than one could name that would be legal and honestly they didn't have to do much as Ye Xia belonged in B country.

"Okay," Surprisingly to Feng Xinya, Xue Yang didn't seem to mind in the least?

His hands drying the plate paused for a split second before he confirmed cautiously,

"You aren't uncomfortable?"

Xue Yang chuckled lightly, and it was such an addictive sound that Feng Xinya had to swallow his saliva.

"Won't you be there, too?"

Rather than a question, his tone was assured that the man was going to accompany him every step of the way.

"En," Feng Xinya placed the plate onto the drying rack and then lifted his now free hand to pat his kitten's head softly, ruffling the fluffy white hair slowly, eliciting from him a quiet and gratified hum.

When they were finished with the chores, Feng Xinya sent Xue Yang off to his room, accompanying him on the bed only for a few minutes before leaving for his own room.

The moment he returned to his room, Xiao couldn't help but to tease him a little,

"So, when are you gonna...ahem...papapa?"

Feng Xinya, who had taken off his shirt to take his shower furrowed his brows in confusion.

What the hell was "papapa?"

"Hoho! My innocent child, you." Xiao chuckled like an old man ready to teach his grandchild about life.

Luckily for him, Feng Xinya had been in a good mood the entire day so he wasn't met with a disdainful dead panned look as the cross continued acting like a fool.

"You know, it's that. That. XOXOXO. Ah~ahn~ hah hah hah!"

Xiao's series of feint moaning and panting echoed awkwardly throughout the room. He felt extra weird when Feng Xinya's face remained utterly blank as if he didn't understand what Xiao was trying to convey.

Seeing that his host was still confused, Xiao felt that he had to be even more explicit.

With a deeper voice he tried to imitate how Feng Xinya would sound, "Hmm...so tight, relax a little bit."

Then he changed into a slightly higher pitched voice but maintained the distinct tone of a male, "Ahh~Xinya~~it hurts! I can't, anymore..."

When he looked up to see Feng Xinya's expression he froze. Then his figurative face flushed furiously.

Feng Xinya was smirking in amusement at Xiao's antics every time he was distracted by his own act. He was wondering how far the silly cross was going to go just to explain something he already understood.

"YOU!!!" Xiao yelled out, and if he had a hand and fingers he would be shaking as he pointed incredulously at his host.

He was only met with a snort before Feng Xinya already reached the bathroom, closing the door behind him.

During the middle of the night while everyone was asleep, there was a slight shuffling before everything fell back to silence.

The next morning, as expected the protagonist was nowhere to be seen. He only left a note behind that read, "Don't look for me."

Xiao derided, "Pfft. Leaving such a letter, wouldn't that only make whoever read it feel that they should look?"

At first, when Xue Yang had woken up to find the note on Ye Xia's seat at the dinner table he was worried. But seeing as Feng Xinya didn't so much as blink to the news he knew that the man must have expected such an outcome and his initial suspicion of the intent behind their actions from the previous day was confirmed.

He didn't really care to ask where Ye Xia went as this was his country. He probably knew plenty of people and even if he didn't, plenty of people knew him.

The day was spent packing the stuff they both wanted to take with them to A country. As this suite was just one of Feng Xinya's many temporary homes, he suggested that Xue Yang assume they would be staying in A country long-term. After all, it wasn't only Xue Yang's home country but also Feng Xinya's even though the original had never gotten the chance to return in the original time line.

The day passed just like that as the two ended up spending their last night together in B country sleeping chastely together in Xue Yang's room.

Out of consideration for the cross's wild imagination, Feng Xinya had kept Xiao in his room.

Super short chapter, but I wasn't sure what else to write for this one so that it wouldn't jump around too much. NEXT SETTING IS A COUNTRY WOOOOOOOT MOAR DRAMAMAMAMA