Xue Yang (xxx)

Months passed, and then years eventually flew by.

Xinya and Yang had undertaken many missions for the sake of fulfilling the original's desire to keep a perfect record in clearing missions. Thus, they had a run-in with the protagonist and the male lead of the world one day as their targets.

Back then, Xinya had left B Country without any regard for the two. This was mainly because he never took the initiative to act if he didn't need to. However, the special forces received a request for help from the concerned political leaders of B Country after the male lead ran amok trying to revive his organization.

Likewise, as the lovestruck fool he was, the protagonist didn't hesitate to use his family to help the male lead in various ways. The other leaders couldn't just stand by and watch their corruption and made a deal with Xinya's superiors, who decided to send in Xinya and Yang as the ones most familiar with the targets.

Many may wonder what the true status of the special forces was, as they even had the power to go against the Xue family at any time. The members of the force moved with the thought of protecting each other and fighting for the country.

Their loyalty did not lie with any specific family or political leader, but in the country itself. However, that did not mean they didn't profit from the politicians. The group would voluntarily act for the citizens, but they would be unprecedentedly picky with the requests from political leaders. Only after extensive research over the families, individuals, and their enemies would the superiors decide on whether or not to offer their services.

Which led the two back to B country. According to Xiao's speculation, the combination of the male lead's and protagonist's halos was so strong that the duo had completely revived the organization within a span of 10 years.

Furthermore, they had a full grasp of both the underworld as well as a good portion of politicians through bribery and threats. The remaining upright leaders gathered together, eventually coming to an agreement that the matter could no longer be solved with only their forces. They would have asked for help from the official military of A country, but the two countries were not in such a relationship that they would help each other out in the first place.

A country's demands were simply much higher than the special force's, hence the reason Xinya and Yang were sent instead of the country's military force members. This was because no matter how powerful the male lead's organization would become in B country, there was simply no way for him to become a threat to A country. Thus, the gains would outdo the losses if A country decided to lend a hand.

By this time, it was Xue Bai's reign as the head of the top family in the country, and his decision to keep out of B country's affairs was actually influenced by Xue Yang's interference among his own self-interest.

Before the messengers from B country had stepped onto his doorstep, Xue Yang had emailed him to stay out of their way. Their relationship since that time all those years ago was no more than acquaintances and business partners, but they had drawn a strict line between themselves and their range of operations.

After all, even if the Qiu family had been reduced to a slightly-above average family, they were still resentful over their loss and aimed their hate towards the Xue family. They were not really threatening to Xue Bai, but cockroaches were cockroaches nonetheless--extremely annoying. So, the tacit agreement between the two was that Xue Bai would handle the country's affairs without any meddling from Xue Yang, and Xue Yang could do whatever he wanted to do as long as he didn't touch Xue Bai.

Naturally, A country's special forces only agreed to help after being offered unrestricted access through B country's borders in the future. Prior to the deal, B country had excessively strict borders and check zones towards the members of the task force. This had been a subject of irritation for them for the longest time as they had plenty of prospective missions waiting for them within the borders. However, with this deal between B country and the special forces they no longer had to pay hefty fees and prepare a boatload of counterfeit identification forms.

Xinya was commended for his foresight in leaving the male lead alone after the protagonist ran away with him. Without the chaos that the two had recently caused, the team would have had to continue the tedious preparations to enter the country for the next decade or so.

The man in question already knew that the male lead would not actually sit still forever, but even this much growth was within his calculations as he was aware of both the male lead's and the protagonist's "position" in this world. It was just the male lead's bad luck that Xinya's superiors wanted to use his rise as a stepping stone for their future operations.

Xinya and Yang had taken no longer than half a month to completely fish out the new organization as well as the corrupted officials. The matters were settled so astonishingly fast that B country felt as if they'd been scammed.

This was largely thanks to Xue Yang's information gathering skills, while Xinya only had to infiltrate the most dangerous locations and decimate them from inside. The two had split up the workload so that Xinya had exercised his limbs the most. Of course, Xue Yang had also personally taken care of some of the bases since he had nothing else to do after gaining all of the intel.

If the organization didn't have so many bases within the country, the two would have finished the mission in a shorter time frame.

As they were split up throughout most of the operation, Xinya had coincidentally bumped into the male lead while Yang ran into the protagonist. It was truly fate of some sort.

The male lead had overestimated himself and ended up with a bullet in his head before he even saw it coming. On the other hand, the protagonist didn't seem to have remembered Xue Yang at all. However, Xue Yang didn't care for the past and only focused on his mission, ending the protagonist's life after a long game of hide and seek.

The follow-up after taking care of the organization was handled by their superiors, as neither Xinya nor Yang wanted anything to do with messy politics.

Their lives were simple and almost monotonous, but they had a lot of fun and comfort working alongside each other for many years up until their retirement.

With Xinya's retirement, he had the choice to leave the world as the original's wish had been granted. Obviously, he chose to stay. In the first place, Xiao had only asked for the sake of exerting his presence as a system. He already knew that his host had no desire to go back to his life as a prisoner and victim of torture.

More importantly, Yang was still healthy and very much alive! And their feelings for each other were still strong enough to make Xiao wish he had an eyelid and earplugs to isolate himself from the two lovebirds ah!

The years following the two's retirement were slow and uneventful.

With the benefit of the system as well as his exceptionally vigorous soul, Xinya was able to live for as long as the human body would allow him to.

As the two's old bodies laid on the soft bed, Yang's head rested on Xinya's chest. They didn't say any superfluous words as they felt both of their hearts weakening along with the passing of time. They already knew without having to tell each other how grateful they were for meeting each other.

Even though Xinya would forget the time he spent in this world, it wouldn't be for an eternity. After he finished everything, he would get his memories back, cherishing them properly. They didn't need words to convey the love they felt for each other, so in that harmonious silence both of them gradually closed their eyes and passed away.