Darkness?

Okay, so I didn't tell them everything.

I did need something to be able to beat them with once I was in the Akatsuki! I couldn't just go there with all of the Konoha ninja knowing how to defeat me, now could I.

For the Gold power, it has certain genjutsus. There's one that is so pure, just being in it would kill someone who doesn't obtain the power. A pure golden world. 

Then, there is how I am invincible and completely aware when I am in the state. I can control any element I wish to, as well. I can mend it into a locket, or a charm, which is what I was doing now. I had taken some gold from the ground, liquefied it, and turned it into a heart shaped pendant with a golden chain. I was going to give it to Toge before I left. I had to give her something. I couldn't just...leave, like I didn't care. She was my best friend, after all. 

"Hey! Kuraun! Where have you been?" I heard Shikamaru from behind me. I quickly got out of the state, and hid the finished necklace behind my back. I smiled when he came up to me, probably one that I didn't usually use, because he furrowed his eyebrows upon seeing me.

"What are you hiding." He demanded, trying to reach behind me. I evaded him, walking backwards in the process.

"Nothing. I'm hiding nothing." I lied. He raised an eyebrow, and made hand signs for his shadow possession. I got caught in it, but still resisted, so it was hard for him to force me to move. However, he eventually became closer to me, and made me put out my hand. He took the necklace, and released the jutsu.

"What's this?" He asked, examining the necklace. I sighed.

"It's for Thorns."

"What for?"

"I don't know, I guess I wanted to give a gift instead of receiving it on my birthday." I immediately slapped my hand over my mouth, and ducked my head down as Shikamaru abruptly turned to me.

"You're birthday is coming up?" I nodded.

"When?"

"The day after the third exam." I said, removing my hand from my mouth and looking up.

"How old will you be?" He asked, walking closer.

"Fifteen." He raised his eyebrows.

"Really? And neither you or Thorns decided to give anyone this information?" He questioned, and I shook my head.

"It didn't seem important." She shook his head, annoyed.

"Of course it is." He urged. I smiled halfheartedly, and put my hand out.

"I'd like that necklace back, please." He sighed, and handed me the necklace. I crumpled it in my hand and started walking out of the forest I had traveled so far into.