[14] lies

daniel's pov | 6:45am | tuesday

i walk out of my house, about to get in my car. "hey daniel wait up!" i hear and turn around, seeing bella.

she runs up to me and smiles, "hey sorry." "where were you yesterday?" i ask. "sick," she says and i nod.

i get in my car and she goes around, getting in the other side. i start to drive to school and the car ride is pretty silent before bella starts to talk.

"sorry i didn't answer you yesterday. i was just so drained i guess," she lies and i nod. she looks over at me, "are you okay?" "are you?" i ask and she furrows her eyebrows.

"woah, okay what happened?" she asks and i sigh. "nothing," i say and tighten my grip on the wheel. she puts her hand on my thigh, "daniel tell me."

"get off," i say and she takes her hand off. "daniel what the hell is wrong?" she asks, her voice getting louder. "you slept with zach!" i say. she sits back in her seat and puts her head in her hands.

"and you just decide to ignore me so that you won't have to face me? what the fuck bella? i thought we had something but obviously you have feelings for him," i say.

she puts her head up, "what are you talking about? he took a video and threatened to post it for the whole school to see.. unless if i ignored you. i don't know what he told you but that's bulls-"

"so you slept with him still though?" i ask and she sighs. "i don't remember! i wouldn't do something like that to you," she says and i gulp.

"well you did," i say and she looks out the window. she sighs and closes her eyes, "i don't know."

we get to school and get out. i grab my bag and quickly try to get in the school. bella runs up and grabs my hand.

i take mine out of hers, "just stop!" "daniel please i didn't mean to," she says.

"so what? when we start dating you'll do something like that and your excuse is 'you didn't mean to,'" i say and she gulps.

"bella, my dad did the same thing to my mom. i don't want this to happen all over again, please," i say, my voice cracking at the end of the sentence.

she looks down and fiddles with her fingers. i turn around and continue to walk in.

i walk past zach and he smirks at me, "oh hey dani-" "fuck off," i say and go into the guy's bathrooms.

i stand in there and cross my arms, breathing heavily. i go up to the water fountain and take a drink, trying to calm down.

i hear yells come from the hallway but i ignore it. i hear the bell rings and walk out. i walk to my first but feel a hand on my shoulder.

i turn around and see bella, pulling zach with her. "tell him!" she says and zach sighs.

"the video is from a while ago when we were dating. i made up the whole thing," he says and i look at bella. i look back at zach and punch him in the face.

he falls to the ground and holds his nose, groaning. a couple of his friends come over and help him up. bella has her hands over her mouth.

she looks at me and comes closer, hugging me. i push her off gently, "i don't feel like hugging anyone right now." i walk away and get into my first, sighing.

i lean back in my chair and close my eyes, wanting this day to be over.

it's lunchtime and i sit at my table. i look up and see bella sitting across from me.

"do you like me anymore?" she asks and i nod. "of course i do," i say lowly and she sighs. "then what was that after zach told you the truth?" she asks.

"i was angry. i didn't want to hurt you," i say and she looks down. i see a tear slip from her eyes, "i hate this drama."

i stand up and go next to her, pulling her into me. i hug her and put my chin on top of her head, "me too."

"it's been shit for you ever since you got here and i feel bad," she says and i hug her tighter. "it hasn't. you're always here with me," i say and she nods.

"but still, i'm sure you want to move back," she says. i sigh, "i do sometimes. but i'll never leave you."

she looks up at me and i wipe her tears away. she smiles and i lean in, kissing her lips. we pull back and i hug her back into my chest.

"we should go on another date. just us two and no one to bother us," i say and she nods. "i would love to," she says and i smile.

"i have the perfect idea," i say and she smiles.