[18] talk

daniel's pov | 3:12pm | monday

zach's dad hits him on the shoulder lightly, "zach! language!" "sorry, but.. this is daniel?" he asks and stands up.

my mom nods. "daniel james seavey," she says proudly and i look down. "mom stop," i say and zach chuckles.

"well it's nice to meet you, seavey," he says and i sigh. my mom nudges my shoulder. "you too," i say lowly and my mom smiles.

"he's a bit shy," she says and zach nods. "oh i know," he says. "who's ready for dinner?" my mom asks.

we are all eating at the table. the only two talking is my mom and zach's dad. zach's smirking at me the whole time.

i sigh and pull out my phone, texting bella under the table.

daniel
guess who's at my house

bella
oh no who

daniel
zach

bella
wtf why

daniel
his dad is dating my mom

bella
holy shit

bella
did he say anything to your mom

daniel
no we're acting completely normal

daniel
i hate this

daniel
but i want my mom to be happy

bella
you're so nice to your mom

bella
maybe you should just tell her that he bullys you though

daniel
i can't

bella
yes you can baby

bella
just tell her, she'll understand. maybe she'll talk to his dad about it

daniel
i don't want that to happen though i'm scared

bella
don't be scared

bella
you don't want your step brother to be mean to you all the time do you?

daniel
you're right

daniel
thank you baby. you're perfect

daniel
i love you

bella
i love you too <3

daniel
after this is over can i come over your house?

bella
yes :)

daniel
you're the best

daniel
see you in a little

bella
see you in a little!

my mom nudges my shoulder, "daniel get off your phone please." i turn off my phone and notice everyone finished eating.

we all stand up and go towards the door. my mom kisses zach's dad and i cringe. i look over and see zach do the same.

i haven't seen my mom kiss anyone in years and seeing this suddenly didn't feel right to me.

she smiles, "it was nice meeting you zach." "you too," he says and looks over to me. "nice to see you daniel," he says. "you too," i say and his dad smiles.

"bye!" he says and they walk out. my mom closes the door, "so? how did you like them?"

"mom, i need to talk to you about zach," i say and she nods. "okay," she says and i sigh, starting to tell her.