[23] dinner

daniel's pov | 6:37pm | tuesday

it's thanksgiving day. bella and i are going to corbyn's aunts place to eat with them.

we just got here and damn.. his aunt is rich. we walk up to the door and knock. i interlock my fingers with bella's.

the door opens to ashley, "hey daniel!" she hugs me and i'm taking aback, almost tripping backwards.

"ashley get your ass off my friend," corbyn says yanking ashley off of me. ash fixes her hair and smiles, "sorry i just missed him." i chuckle and hold bella's hand once again.

"come in," corbyn says and we do, walking into the mansion. there's a lot more people than i thought here, people i recognize from school.. like jonah.

"ashley invited like twenty friends," corbyn whispers and i nod.

jonah comes over to us, "huh, didn't think i'd be seeing you here, seavey. i see you're still with the sl-" "finish that sentence and i'll fucking kick you in the dick," i say and he backs off.

"damn, okay then," he says and walks off. i pull bella into my chest and kiss her head.

"i love you, okay? don't worry about him," i say and she nods. "i love you too dani," she says.

"woah, daniel look at you!" corbyn says patting my back. i laugh, "that guy loves to cause problems."

"he started talking to me earlier and i walked away. he just was rude even when he wasn't trying to be. i don't know why ash invited him," he says and i sigh.

"i know why," i mumble and corbyn raises an eyebrow.

we are all at the dinner table eating. my hand is on bella's thigh.

corbyn is on the other side of me and his hand is on my thigh. i look over at him and he's smirking at me. i laugh and push his hand off. he pouts and continues eating.

ash and jonah are right across from bella and i, conveniently. she's like.. feeding jonah his food? she looks over to me and smirks. this is honestly gross.

"ash would you mind letting you 160 pound baby to eat by himself? i'm sure he can manage," corbyn blurts causing bella and i to giggle.

ashley starts to cry, running upstairs. jonah bangs the table and stands up, "i don't know who you are but you can't talk to her like that."

the whole table goes silent, looking at the two boys. "i'm her brother. and you are.. what? her girlfriend?" he asks and jonah gulps.

"uhh.." "yeah, sit down big guy," corbyn says and jonah does awkwardly. the whole table starts talking again, acting like nothing happened.

bella and i are trying to hold our laughs in. our faces are red as fuck. corbyn looks over at us and starts laughing.

we start to burst out laughing and jonah gets up from the table, storming into another room.

corbyn puts his hand on his head, "ash is gonna be piiisssed." i sigh, "sorry man." he shakes his head, "nah she's dramatic. plus that was disgusting i'm trying to eat."