2

Since I completely passed out yesterday before even being able to process what was going on around me, I hadn't noticed that I had fallen asleep on the bed that apparently belonged to my roommate. I only realized this once I had woken up and noticed that the bedsheets on the bed were star wars themed.

Shit. Shit. Shit.

It didn't seem like my roommate had arrived last night, though, so I just stretched out the bed and prayed that they wouldn't notice when they inevitably returned. I decided that since I had managed to sleep enough, I would begin unpacking and letting myself become acquainted and comfortable with what was going to be my new home for the next couple of years.

I began by simply throwing my duffel bag and backpack onto my actual bed before plugging in my phone, which I had completely forgotten to do last night, and heading out of the bedroom area. I heard some muffled noises coming from the kitchen, so I just assumed my roommate was there. And he was.

Standing in the kitchen, stocking up the cupboards with food, was a guy with snow white hair and pale white skin. He had a defined jawline and a gorgeous button nose.

Wow, he's a cute one.

"Hello." He seemed startled by my presence because he jumped slightly and almost dropped his mug.

"Jesus Christ! You scared the shit out of me." He gently placed the mug in the cuboardband turned around to face me, leaning on the countertop. "I assume you're my roommate, correct?"

I nodded, "yep, that would be me. And you are Gerard, right?"

"Indeed, that is I." He paused for a second, "Did you sleep nicely?"

"Yeah, why?"

"That was my bed," I blushed.

"Fuck, I'm sorry, I didn't know, I was tired and didn't turn the lights on, fuck I'm so stupid," I smacked myself.

"Jesus, calm down. I was trying to be funny and hey, if you slept okay, I'll let you sleep in my bed."

"Really?"

He laughed, "no, I was kidding, if you left anything on my bed or around it, please take it to your own bed."

I nodded, "shit, dude, I'm sorry."

"Hey man, stop beating yourself up over that silly mistake, it's fine," I turned to look at him "I don't care, like, I mean, as long as you didn't fuck anyone in my bed, it's fine."

I giggled a little "no, that's gross. Boys have cooties." I said in a mocking voice.

"Just get your shit together"

I nodded happier than before, walking into our room and picked up my phone and my bags that I dropped around the bed. The small rays of light coming in from the window allowed me to see the images that lined his wall; art, playbills, band posters, tickets from shows. It was a pretty cool side of the room, not going to lie but I needed to get on with decorating my own.

"Need any help moving in boxes?" Gerard asked from the kitchen.

"Yeah, that would be nice," I walked out of the room and back into the living space, " I left most of my suitcases and boxes in the car, could you help me bring some of them in?"

He nodded and followed me out into my car, grabbing some of the large suitcases while I stacked some boxes on the cart they let us borrow at the storage in the lobby of the dorms.

"So what kind of music are you into?"

I shrugged, "I listen to a bit of everything, you know? Mainly alternative and rock music, what about you?"

"I listen to most of the same stuff, you like misfits?"

"Fuck yeah." I shifted some of the boxes on the cart so they wouldn't fall over, "Marina and the diamonds is another one."

We kept talking about our music taste while he continued helping me move boxes and stuff from my car and into the room. I found out we listened to many of the same bands and our tastes overlapped a lot.

This new knowledge made me happy because I knew that I would at least have something to talk about with him whenever we were both home at the same time.

We placed most of the boxes in the bedroom, but left the larger ones that didn't belong there in the living room and kitchen. I began to pull out things from the boxes and stuck posters, old concert tickets and other miscellaneous memorabilia on the wall.

"Holy shit, you have so many posters and tickets." Gerard pointed out.

"Yeah, I worked really hard to get all these from different concerts, shows and festivals I've been to before."

"That's really cool," he sat down on his bed and I did the same, "I have a few as well, but not nearly as many as you have."

We sat in a comfortable silence for a while until I spoke up, "I need to keep unpacking."

"Me too."

I got off my bed and walked over to the living room where my guitar and ukulele were sitting. I picked them up and took them back to the room, "You play guitar?" He asked from his bed.

"Yeah, acoustic and electric, I also know ukulele." he nodded.

Gerard came up behind me and jumped on my back "get of me, you thot." I couldn't breathe and I almost fell over.

"Never, now onward noble steed."

"Fuck off." I sat on the ground with him still clinging on to my back.

"Have you eaten anything today?" He asked as he climbed off my back. I shook my head in response "Well then, shall we?" He extended his hand out to me to help me up.

"We shall." I said smiling "wait, are we leaving the dorm?"

"Yeah, unless you want to order something."

"Eh, I'll shower quickly and we can leave" he nodded and walked out into the living room.

"Actually", I say poking my head out of the bedroom door, "can we just order something and stay inside instead? I'm really tired after the twenty-something hour drive here."

"Damn, you drove that long just to come here?"

I nodded, "out of state colleges were better than my local ones, and this one was within the price range for us. I'm only here because of a scholarship."

"Oh wow, so you're smart huh?"

I shrugged, "not that much. Just an overachiever with an extreme thirst for academic validation."

Before Gerard could respond I walked to the shared bathroom and locked one of the shower doors to have some privacy.

I showered and put on a nirvana t-shirt along with some black sweats and some fuzzy socks, I threw on a light gray sweater and walked back out to the living room.

Gerard was sitting on the couch while scrolling through his phone, just lounging around while waiting for me to come out from the shower. "Hey, by any chance do you have a YouTube channel or something?"

I nodded but realized I was standing behind him so he couldn't see me. "Yeah, I do, why do you ask?"

"Yeah, you seemed kind of familiar, my younger brother loves your channel." he giggled "he's going to freak the hell out when he meets you."

"Oh wow, that's so cool. I didn't expect to meet anyone who watched my content." I smiled, knowing that my content had made an impact on someone. "Did you order the pizza?" He nodded "good, want to watch a movie or show until it gets here?"

"Sure."

"How about friends?"

"Hell yeah."

I signed into my Netflix account on the tv that was in the room and we watched friends for a while. I fell asleep about twenty minutes in.