18

Awsten and I were sitting in the IHOP, eating our pancakes and all that jazz when my phone started to buzz in my pocket so I swallowed my bite of food and picked up the phone. "Hello?"

"P-please, I really need someone right now. Please just get here." The person panted out and that's when it clicked; Liz.

"I'll be there in ten or so. Just hang on." I hung up and turned to Awsten, "please pay and bring me the rest of my food to my dorm, it's an emergency." I looked at him with desperate eyes and said, "I'll pay you back, just, please."

"Okay," I sighed in relief. "I'll drop your leftovers in your dorm."

"Thank you so much." He nodded and I walked out of the restaurant. Once I was on the street, I started to sprint to get to the dorms as fast as possible. I was fucking exhausted from last night and my head was still pounding me, but Liz needed me right now and I had to be there for me the way she was when I went to her sobbing when my uncle died. 

I got on campus and saw a sign that told me where the dorms were so I headed over there. As I neared the building, I slowed down to a jog and slowly regained normal breathing, the hammering pain . Thankfully, Liz's room was on the second floor so I wouldn't have to go up as many stairs.

I ran up the stairs,  skipping steps as I went up, rushing to get to Liz's room as quickly as possible.

I got to the door and knocked on it. No one opened so I tried opening it and to my surprise, it was unlocked. I turned the knob and went inside. The layout wasn't too different from mine and Gerard's but the colours and furniture were quite different.

I gently shut the door behind me and listened for any noise or sign of anyone being alive in here. I heard heavy and erratic breathing as well as sobs coming from behind a door I assumed was the bedroom. I padded my way over there and carefully opened the door. I gasped slightly at the sight of my friend on the floor with her hair all over her face and tear streaks going down her cheeks.

"(Y-y/n)..." She trailed off.

"Hey, it's okay. I'm here now." I crouched down beside her and pulled her into a gentle hug as to not freak her out and in attempts to calm her down a bit. "Just breathe with me." I took in slow and deep breaths and looked at her with a calm and understanding look to try and get her to follow my breathing patterns.

Slowly but surely, her breaths slowed down and the tears decreased a lot but there were still some spilling out of her eyes. I wrapped the hoodie sleeve around my hand and gently wiped of the remaining tears off her face.

I pulled her onto my lap and started swaying us back and forth to calm her down a bit. "You're okay now." I whispered while rocking us. "It's all going to be okay. I'll keep you safe."

"Thank you." She whispered into my hair.

"It's nothing. I want you to be okay, that's what matters." I whispered back while stroking her hair. "Do you want to do something to distract yourself?" I asked carefully.

"Mhm. Can we watch a sappy love movie? I know you hate them but they'll make me feel better right now."

I laugh a bit. "Yeah, it's okay. We can go do that." She crawls off me and we stand up and go over to the living room to watch the movie.

Liz refused to let go of me the entire movie and pretty much sat on my lap the entire time we watched it. I guess she was still pretty shaken up and stressed from the previous panic attack.

I found it cute how she clung to my hand and raked her fingers through my hair while I softly brushed strands of her long pink hair with my fingers.

Eventually she fell asleep and it didn't take me long to fall asleep after her.

•••••••

~Awsten's POV~

As soon as I finished my pancakes, I ordered the bill and asked for (y/n)'s pancakes to go. I paied and went to a few stores around the mall where the IHOP was in. I wasn't particularly looking for anything, I was more so just trying to pass the time so (Y/N) could finish whatever they were doing and I could meet up with them to give them their pancakes.

I headed towards their dorm room, waving hello to a few people that I recognized while on my way. I got to their dorm and knocked on the door, expecting (Y/n) to open the door for me 

I knocked on the door and Gerard opened it, "Awsten? What are you doing here?"

"(Y/n) and I went out for breakfast and they had to leave so I brought their leftover pancakes over." I said, "can I come in?"

He stepped aside, opening the door wider. "Yeah, sure." I stepped in and headed over to the kitchen.

"I'll just leave the food in the kitchen and head out." I said and left the food in the fridge.

I was about to walk out when Gerard stopped me by grabbing my wrist. "I need to talk to you about something."

I stopped and turned around, "what is it?"

"It's (y/n)." He muttered softly, his eyes darting away from mine like he didn't really wanna talk about what he said he would.

"Okay. Let's talk then." I walked over to the couch and sat down with Gerard following me. "What about them?"

"I like them." He said as his cheeks dusted to a soft pink to indicate that he was slightly embarrassed to be admitting something like this.

Wow. Really? What a surprise. Who could have guessed Gerard Way, who had been drooling over my friend for the past couple of months, had a crush on them.

"We been knew." I said as calmly as I could. Sure, I had my suspicions beforehand but now that I had confirmation I wanted to laugh right in his face but I knew that it would be rude and that (Y/n) would not forgive me if I was mean to him.

"What?" He asked incredulously, "you knew?"

"You made it pretty damn obvious." I smiled at him, trying to reassure that I had no ill intent with my words, even if they sounded a little hostile.

"Well do you know if they like me back?" He asked with a small twinkle in his eyes.

"Dude, this isn't middle school." I snorted a bit, amused by the fact that he actually asked me that, "and, I actually don't know if they like you back."

He frowned at the floor a bit, enthralled in his own thoughts for a solid couple of  minutes. "Do you know anything I could do to win them over?"

"Umm," I thought for a bit, "they recently got into metal, they really like Black Sabbath, Avenged Sevenfold and Anthrax, even though they've liked Anthrax for a long time now."

"And should I get them band shirts, CDs or what?" He asked, I could almost see the cogs turning behind his eyes as he tried to piece his thoughts together.

I thought for a moment, thinking about what would be the best option, "Get them both." I smiled at him, "I'm sure (y/n) will appreciate it."

"Yeah, they probably will."

"So, is that it?" He nodded, "well, I'll see you around."

"Bye, Awsten." He walked me to the door and I walked out.

"See you, Gerard." I nodded to him as a goodbye and left.

While walking to my room, I smiled at the floor. I knew he liked (y/n). But I won't tell them yet. Not now.