14

Hi this chapter is shorter and shittier than the usual, I'm sorry in advance
▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪

I woke up to my body pressed up against something, or rather someone, warm. At first I didn't quite register that I had fallen asleep at all, but then the memories of crying in Gerard's arms resurfaced and it all made sense. He had brought us both into my bed so we could cuddle and we ended up falling asleep in each others arms. I slowly tried to move myself out of Gerard's arms but the movement must have woken him up, his eyes slowly fluttered open and he smiled down at me warmly. He kissed the top of my head and mumbled, "mornin', sugar," into my hair. 

I felt butterflies form in my stomach and I felt my face heat up slightly at the sweet pet name he had just called me. He slowly released me from his embrace and stretched, yawning slightly and rubbing his eyes afterwards.

 "Dude, it's like five or six in the afternoon, we slept through most of the day, we missed our classes today." I sat upright on the bed and stretched my own arms up into the sky, my shirt rose up a bit and I saw Gerard look away from my exposed skin. I dragged myself dramatically out of bed and turned to Gerard again, "I'm gonna go get us... what would be dinner since its so late."

"Hey, don't even think about it." He playfully threatened.

"What?" I had no clue what he was saying.

"You've cooked for me for the past few weeks, it's my turn." He said, getting up from the bed himself and walking to the kitchen in the common area

"I was just getting a glass of water and a granola bar. I mean, If you wanna bring it to me, sure." I shrugged and plopped back down onto the bed.

"Ah, fuck you." He retorted and handed me my water.

"I know you want to," I teased and winked at him in a playful manner.

The red on his cheeks was evident as it contrasted a lot against his pale skin. "Oh my god, calm down." He said and awkwardly laughed.

I laughed at him since he now looked like a fucking tomato. Yes, that's how red he was. "Gerard, you look like a fucking tomato." I managed to get out in between my hysterical wheezing.

"You need Jesus." He was still red at this point but the intensity of the color was slowly decreasing. "I-I need to pee." And with that, he dashed to the bathroom.

That was weird.

When I do that to friends they laugh with me if playfully shove me, they don't run off embarrassed.

Wait.

Shit. No, no, no, no, no, no, no, no.

Awsten was right.

He likes me. Gerard Way likes me.

Fuck.

I don't like him back, do I?

Well, I mean, I like him as a friend. I don't know if I like him as anything else.

He came back out of the bathroom and sat down on the other side of the room, on his own bed, avoiding me as much as possible. An awkward silence settled on us and I decided to get out to clear my head.

"I'm going on a walk." I stated, "do you still have some cigarettes left?" He nodded and stuck his hand under his pillow, pulling out the box of cigarettes and a lighter, I quickly thanked him and ran out.

-Gerard's POV- (look at me go)

I fucked up.

They're going to figure out I have the biggest crush on them, one way or another. I'm not ready for that.

At this point I was panicking so I did what any normal person would and called Frank, "Frank!" I screeched into the phone, "I need you to come over, I need help."

"Whoa, you good?" He answered.

"Yeah, I just need your help." I sighed slightly.

"What do you need help with?" I could hear his smirk from the other line. 

"(Y/n)." I muttered in between clenched teeth.

"I'll be right there," he hung up and not five minutes later there was a knock on the door.

I opened it and greeted him, "hey." I walked over to the couch and he followed after me.

"So, what about (y/n)?" He asked while throwing himself on the couch.

"So, you know how I have the biggest crush on them?" He nodded and I continued, "well, I'm making it ridiculously obvious by blushing and stumbling over my words. They can literally look at me and I'll melt into a puddle  on the floor." I explained

He nodded again and he seemed to think about the situation for a moment, "I think you should try and get them to like you. Find out more about them, get closer to and soon, they'll be at your feet in no time."

"And how exactly do I get close to them if I can't even formulate a coherent sentence when I'm around them?" I retorted in a slightly spiteful tone.

"Calm down, I was just trying to help." He put his hands up in surrender.

I sighed and leaned back against the couch, "I know, I know, I'm sorry. I don't even know why I'm so worked up over this." I felt bad after talking to him like that.

"Well, I think I'm going to head out. It's getting kind of late and I want to get some pizza." He walked out the door after calling a quick goodbye and I was left alone yet again.

My thoughts began racing and I began to overthink again. 

I doubted (Y/n) would like me. I'm just an awkward dude with white hair and it's not like they could ever like me back, right?

Plus Awsten mentioned that they were flirting with a guy when they went to pick up the amplifiers from the music room, what if they end up with him? He's probably more attractive than me anyways so it wouldn't matter.

I just hope shit doesn't go downhill.