5

The first day of school starts today, and as much as I've been complaining about being bored and annoyed about my surroundings, I was not excited for the first day of classes. It's not that I didn't want it to start, I just wanted to have some new experiences, but as soon as said new experiences began I would get anxious and paranoid.

Yesterday I ended up dragging Gerard out of our room to our local store because neither of us had any sort of school supplies in our posession. 

Responsibility is our best attribute if you couldn't tell.

We got an ungodly amount of gel pens and markers, which are stupidly expensive, because Gerard needed them for his comic and character design class. I also bought a lot of notebooks to write songs and doodle in, so we did splurge a little on our supplies. 

Anyways, we got way too many packets of pens because, let's be real, we're gonna lose like thirteen by the end of the first week, month, if we're lucky.

As a major I ended up choosing musical production and as a minor I took up ballet and contemporary dancing. We will be mostly focusing on ballet but we will be learning different kinds of dances, like hip hop, salsa and ballroom dancing. 

As for the musical production major, I know Frank, Ray and Mikey all picked it, which eased my nerves a lot since I would at least actually know people in some of the lectures. However, for dance, I was practically alone. I didn't know of anyone of my newfound friends that had picked it 

I want to work in the music industry so I took up on the music program as well as dance and performance. The dancing program isn't necessarily just dancing, but we also learn how to carry ourselves on stage, how to have good stage presence and generally how to work in the dance industry. It's going to be quite fun learning how to do new dances. 

For the music program, I know that Frank and Ray are both in it so I won't have to worry about being alone. But dance on the other hand, I was completely and utterly alone. I knew no one and seeing all the other skinny and gorgeous dancers around me made me slightly more nervous. Most of them were couple inches taller than me and some of the girls had long flowing hair slicked back into ponytails, buns or braids to keep the hair out of their face. The guys seemed to mostly have muscular builds in general, regardless of how lean or curvy they were. They were all so beautiful.

I shook the thoughts of admiration and slight jealousy my head as I walked to the locker room room, making sure to go to one of the corners and change clothes in the very back. I didn't want anyone to see me. I was wearing a cropped white t-shirt, a black tank top under along with some black workout leggings and some regular running shoes.

Dance went by in a flash since I'm surprisingly good at dancing. I've been doing it for fun since I was a little kid and as I grew up I began taking it more seriously, like I did with music, and slowly began picking up classes for different dances and performances. I've somehow managed to land a few lead roles or solos for different dances or plays.

 The rest of my day was pretty uneventful except when I was going to music, someone threw an open juice box across the campus. I unfortunately had music last and I had my previous class on the other side of campus so I had to haul ass to get there on time, which wasn't easy because my legs had grown a bit sore from the intense excercise in dance class.

"Ah, (l/n), is it? How nice of you to join us. Care to explain why you're late?" I could tell the teacher was simply trying to get a rise out of me so I'd snap and he could be a dick to me.

"Yeah, I was on the other side of campus and had to haul my ass accross a football field, a running track and three different building blocks to get to this class, but seeing as this is probably the only classroom you teach in, it's easily understandable that you don't know what it's like to run through a packed campus in under five minutes to get to class." I had a blank, emotionless expression on my face the whole time I gave my explanation and slight sarcastic response.

She pursed her lips into a thin white line and pointed over to an empty seat next to Frank. I sat down and when she turned around Frank congratulated me for mantaining my composture, "Aye man, she clearly doesn't get out much, good you took it easy on her." Frank said a little too loud which made others around us hear and burst into laughter and uncontrollable giggles. She turned and slammed a ruler against the nearest object, which just happened to be a flimsy table where the projector was set up. She sent it skidding on the floor a good four feet. She seemed shocked but quickly regained her composure and picked it up. The whole class was still dying of laughter and this little stunt made it so much worse on her.

"I QUIT!" she yelled loudly and walked out of the classroom. We all managed to calm down and a few minutes later a random professor came in with a pissed look in his eyes.

"Okay, seeing as you little shits couldn't control yourselves and Miss Riley is having a literal breakdown in the office, I'll be substituting her until she calms down and calms back or they find an official replacement for her," he spoke sternly to the class, "now, I don't expect the best behaviour from you, but I expect you pay the smallest amount of respect, let's start the class."

Gerard came in quietly after everything had happened and managed to sneak past the teacher and sit down in an empty seat a couple rows behind me. The teacher left the room and returned shortly after with a stack of papers. "I've just been called down to the main office and as it turns out, Miss Riley has officially quit. She could no longer handle teaching and is now retiring." He held up some of the papers from the stack. "She gave me her lesson plan, so we're just going to go over it briefly before I assign groups for the big, end of year project."

He began going over the lesson plan, talking about the syllabus and answering doubts that other students had. He later gave a more surface-level explanation for the project;  it's going to consist of groups, a duo or a solo, that will have to write four songs and do a cover of a song from an artist or band that we look up to and that inspired your style.

He assigned the groups and unfortunately I was with people I didn't know,  Zachary Smith, Awsten knight and Luke Moreno. I wanted to be with Gerard, Ray, Mikey or Frank, but I guess I got unlucky.

"Hi, Awsten, right?" I asked the pastel blue haired boy, he nodded "I'm (y/n)."

"Okay," Awsten said addressing the group, "what are each of your skills?"