8

Gerard and I went out grocery shopping after I cleaned myself up. It took a bit more time han expected considering I was a mess; my eyeliner and mascara had run down all over face, my eyeliner was plastered around my eyes and my clothes were wrinkled and messy.

I decided against showering but I did remove all my crusty makeup and washed my face in the sink to try and look alive enough again. I attempted to brush my hair but it was simply not cooperating, so I threw on a beanie on top of it and hoped to god I didn't see anyone I knew outside.

We bought some basic things like eggs, milk, bread and some other ingredients and microwave ready food.

When we got back to the dorm I started cooking for us right away. 

I decided to make us some enchiladas because they're relatively simple for me to make, just some spicy tomato sauce on tortillas filled with chicken. I topped them with sour cream and grated cheese before serving them to Gerard.

"Holy shit," Gerard said as he finished his food, "that was so good and spicy, I loved it."

"Thanks."

"How are you such a good cook?"

"My abue and mom taught me how to cook a lot of dishes while growing up, kind of like a family tradition."

"Wait, where are you from?"

"Mexico, we moved to the United States when I was barely learning how to speak so English was something that I was kind of forced to learn. Then, when I was eight, we moved back to Mexico city and-" I cut myself off when I realised I was rambling and he probably didn't want to hear my entire life story.

"And then what?" He asked, "go on, I want to hear the rest."

I nodded and continued to speak, "and when we moved back, I kind of found it a bit hard to get used to Mexico again, but I managed and we celebrate Mexican traditions."

"Oh, like What?" He seemed genuinely inerested so I kept going.

"Well, we celebrate día de muertos every year, we put the altar out for all my deceased family members. We celebrate día de Reyes as well. That's basically like Christmas but it's on the 5th of January and it's three guys on a camel, an elephant and a horse. These dudes are the ones that brought incense, gold and myrrh when Jesus was born."

"Wow. Compared to that, my family sounds boring as hell," he laughed.

"I'm sure it's not."

We sat in silence for a bit until I got up and started picking the plates up, "what are you doing?" Gerard asked.

"Picking the plates up? To wash them?" I was very confused.

"You're not doing that." He got up and took the plates from my hands.

"Gerard. What are you doing? Give them back."

"No." He lifted his arms, getting the plates out of my reach, "you cooked for me, I'll do the dishes."

"Only because you're a couple inches taller dosen't mean you get to bully me like that," I fake pouted.

"Shut up. You're What? Two inches shorter than me? Frank is like a whole foot shorter than me." He started laughing.

"Oh my god, careful. Don't drop the fucking plates," I took them out of his hands and put them on the counter. "Fine, you wash them."

"It's only fair," he shrugged.

"It's kinda late, I'm going to shower and go to bed," I walked out the kitchen.

"Yeah, yeah. You do your thing, I'll take care of these dishes." He called out after me.