11

Awsten seemed mad at me too. I didn't understand why, he was the one being selfish by wanting to take the music room from Remington and his brothers. To be honest, I'm not really mad or upset, I'm more so annoyed with the fact that he was being selfish about the whole practice room thing earlier. 

We were all sprawled out on my side of the room, me sitting in the middle of the bed between Luke who sat near the headboard and Awsten who was at the foot of the bed to try and give me some space so I wasn't fully squished between him and Luke. Zack didn't really fit on the bed but he was more than comfortable with sitting on the floor while leaning against the bed since he didn't really like being physically close to people.

I was messing around with Luke on his bass, trying out some new tabs we'd been coming up with the past couple of days, when heard the door of the common area open, "(y/n)?" It was Gerard calling out to me, unsure of whether I was back in or not.

"In here!" I called back out to him.

He opened the door and looked slightly taken a back, "who are these people and why are they all here?" He looked a bit surprised but slightly angry too, I don't know why, though.

"Oh god, calm down, Gee. These are my band members, Awsten, Zack and Luke." I introduced them and they exchanged quick greetings. "You met them the other day in the music room, remember? And I'm always with Awsten so I don't know why you're so surprised to see him."

"And they're here why?" His voice had a slight jealous tone to it, he was seemingly upset that all my male band members and best friend, which he had met before, were sitting on my bed and on the floor.

"We tried the music room but it was booked so we just took an amp and came back here." I explained simply trying not to make him angrier or more jealous

"Yeah, but you almost got a boyfriend in the process," Awsten teased and poked my side.

I blushed and looked down, "Oh my god, shut up! Okay, yeah, he's cute but I wouldn't date him. Hell, I don't even know his last name, Awsten!" I smacked his shoulder slightly and ruffled his hair

"Geez, chill, I was kidding."He punched me lightly in the arm and we both turned to lookat Gerard who seemed to be jealous of the banter between Awsten and I. I looked over at the rest of the guys and while Zack looked unamused and turned back to writing songs, Luke was staring at the floor with a slightly disappointed expression on his face. What the fuck is happening?

"Okay," Gerard sighed, "I'm going out with the guys, just dropped by to say hello, see ya." And then he walked out, not explaining why he seemed so bothered by my friends and disappearing behind the beaded curtain he had put on the door frame for some reason.

I felt so confused since I didn't know what was going on. So I excused myself to the bathroom quickly, I locked the door behind me and sat down on the floor between the shower and the toilet. I took a deep breath, what was happening? Why did they both look hurt? I'm so confused.

"(N/n)?" I heard a soft knock on the door, it was Awsten using a new nickname, "you okay in there?"

Deep breaths, deep breaths. "Y-yeah," I stuttered out, "I'll be out in a second."

"Okay," I heard him walk away and I stood up, splashed some water on my face and walked out.

"You okay?" Luke asked softly once I sat back down, I simply nodded and went back to writing.

Back and forth I've been here before,
The words you said left me on the floor,
And I came round the blue smoke from my mouth,
I thought I saw you in the clouds

(Song: Honey by Moose blood)

What even is my writing turning into? I can't believe how bad it is getting. I think I might as well drop out of college and work at a subway or something, seeing how untalented I am.

"Hey, that's pretty good." Awsten snatched my lyrics journal out of my hands and started flicking through the pages.

"Awsten! Give me that!" I chased him around the room and finally tackled him. I was basically straddling him on the floor while he kept flicking through my book until I slapped him and he dropped it on the floor, I picked it up and got off him.

"What the fuck, dude?" He mumbled rubbing his face.

"Don't take my notebooks from me, I go feral if people look through them." I walked to the kitchen and grabbed him a bag of frozen peas for his cheek because I slapped him really hard. "I'm sorry about the slap, I get really paranoid about people looking through them, they're very personal to me and I don't like people looking through them without permission."

"It's alright, I understand, just don't slap me again." He took the bag of peas, "Wow, how can you be so rude yet so nice at the same time?"

I shrugged, "one of my talents, I guess." I wiped my hand on his knee to get rid of the cold feeling from the peas and pat his shoulder. "Hey, guys it's kind of late."

"Hey guys it's kind of late!" Awsten mocked me in a high pitched tone

"Awsten, it's almost eleven and you're either staying here, on the couch or floor or going back to your room."

"Nah, man, I'm leaving," said Zack, and nodded a quick goodbye. "Thanks for having me over, see y'all later."

"Luke?" I shook him a little since he was very zoned out, "you going back?"

He nodded and walked out without saying anything to either of us. "I'm staying, sorry." Awsten added and threw himself down on my bed.

"Get off. You're getting the couch." I gave him a playful shove to try and roll him off my bed

"Okay. Yo, you want some food?"

"Yeah, what do you want me to make?" I asked.

"Chicken nachos?"

"Hell fucking yeah." I laughed. "You know it, my dude."

"Please don't call me 'my dude' ever again."

"You're no fun." I fake pouted at him.

"Hey, I didn't slap you." He nudged me with his elbow.

"Fair enough," I groaned, "You're a wuss, it wasn't even that hard of a slap."

"Hey!" He fake pouted, "that's mean, it was a hard slap. My face is still red from it."

"I gave you frozen peas, you should be fine." I giggled.

He laughed at me and we walked to the kitchen to make our food. We watched a bit of t.v. and he was falling asleep so I let him settle into the couch and I went back to my own room.

Gerard hasn't come back. He should be here soon, though. It'll be fine.