19

TRIGGER WARNING FOR  GRAPHIC DEPICTIONS OF SELF HARM 

there is a large trigger in this chapter for self harm so please skip it if it triggers you or if you're sensitive to this topic

•••••••••••••••••

~Gerard's POV~

Since I had already decided that today I wouldn't be going to class, I decided that I would go and buy (Y/n) their gifts and maybe organize something a little special for them. I made a mental list of the things I'd get and settled on some band shirts and some CDs of the bands that Awsten had suggested that I buy.

I gathered a bit of money and got ready to leave. I hadn't showered very much recently so I just grabbed a grey beanie and threw a ripped grey hoodie on and I already looked messy and emo enough so I went out to buy (y/n)'s gifts.

I headed to the mall and spotted hot topic next to the food court, which I decided to swing by to grab a soda before going to the stores to buy the stuff.

I am literally about to pull a Pavlov on them by giving them their favourite band tees and CDs so when they listen to the bands they'll think of me.

This is fucking perfect and I'm a goddamn genius.

As I was locking the door, the chick I almost hooked up with came up behind me, "Hi, baby." Ew.

"Hey, Lyndsey." I answer flatly.

"Why the long face?" She asked and pecked my cheek.

"I was about to leave."

"Maybe I can go with you?" She asked hopefully and turned me around so that I was facing her.

"No thanks." I tried to push past her but she tried to forcefully pin  me against the door and kissed me. "What the fuck, Lyndsey?" I shoved her off.

"Just so you remember you're mine." She growled.

"I'm not yours. I'm not anyone's. What we did last night was make out but that's it. I don't like you. It was a mistake and I was stoned and upset and all I needed and wanted was some way to cope." I explained to her and to myself to try and justify the things I did and said last night.

"Guess what? You are mine. Always and forever." She said and kissed me again before I managed to finally get her off of me. "See you around."

And with that, she left.

"What a bitch." I mumbled and shoved my keys and money in my pocket. I threw the hood of my hoodie over my head and kept my head down. I bumped into someone in the hall and muttered a quick, "sorry." and kept on walking. 

~~~
~your POV~

Liz had fell asleep on my lap after I spent about twenty minutes raking my fingers softly through her hair. She was breathing in and out in short and steady breaths and her mouth was slightly open.

I decided it would be better to let her sleep so I slowly got out from underneath her. I packed up my stuff and left a note on the living room table so she would read it when she woke up. It read,

"Liz,
I left since you fell asleep on the couch and I had some stuff to do. Just remember that you have my number if you need anything at all you just call me and I'll come running no matter where I am or what I'm doing.