4

(In this story you are friends with Brian Stella from the front bottoms because fuck you)

I wake up to my stomach groliwng lowly from hunger, but choose to ignore it and pick up my phone to check my notifications and respond to people texting me and mentioning me on twitter. I open my messages and see my friend has texted me to check up on me.

Brian

Hey (n/n), just checking up on you,
How are you?

Hey Brian, I'm not doing the best rn
My uncle is in the hospital and  we don't really know how hes's doing

Oh god, that sounds awful
I'm sorry
Is there anything I can do to help?

Not much, but I think he'll be alright
you know how he is, shit happens to him but
he always comes back swinging

He's going to be fine, he's always been stronger
than anyone ever imagined

My mom won't tell me much about
It seeing as she dosent know
Much about it herself, but I think he'll be fine

And how are you holding up?
Do you need anything?

I'm not doing well tbh, I kinda wish you were here
I  mean, my roommate, his name is
Gerard, he hugged me and calmed me down a  bit 

I wish I was there,
Hopefully while on tour we can stop by Jersey and see if we can meet up? How does that sound?

That would be awesomeI really miss our pointless conversations on the roof while getting high

Hopefully soon, i'll try my best
Anyways I have to get going, we're going to do sound check soon
Text me if you need anything 

I will, thank you Brian <3

I turn to the side and see Gerard stirring in his sleep until he sleepily sat up in bed. "Good morning, sleepyhead." I threw one of my stuffies at him and he miserably attempted to catch it but it ended up hitting his face.

"You're a dick, and who were you talking to that's got you smiling so hard?" His voice was still a bit gruff from sleep, making his naturally sweet voice sound slightly more menacing,

"My friend Brian, I was telling him about my uncle and he cheered me up a bit."

"Aw, that's good. Are you feeling better from last night?" I nodded, "glad to hear that."

"Where do you know him from?" 

"We went to the same music school when we were younger, we took the same guitar class so we started talking and became friends."

"That's cool, is he in college right now?"

I shook my head while sliding out of my bed and slipping on a jacket on top of my shirt, "no, he's touring with his band right now."

"Oh that's cool,  what does he do?"

"He's the singer and guitarist." I pulled up one of their songs, "do you wanna listen to their music?" Gerard nodded and played their most popular song, 'Twin Size Mattress'. 

Gerard seemed to enjoy the song and when it ended he said, "that sounds cool, I liked the song. Are they going to stop by Jersey anytime? We could go see one of their shows."

I shrugged, "maybe the might, who knows."

"Do you want breakfast?" Gerard asks me, and I nod. "Well, what do you want to eat?"

"We could make some pancakes, or crêpes, they don't use many ingredients and are pretty easy to make."  I pick up the stuffed animal 

"I'll see if we have any." I nod as he walks out of the room.

So far today has been a good day, let's see what the rest of the days and weeks bring on.

The next day I spent it working on some original songs again, writing new chord progressions and lyrics that sounded good with those chords. I was enjoying my alone time, not doing much but pouring out the thoughts that had been building up inside of my heart for months and years.

I had scribbled down some satisfying lyrics that I felt happy with and enjoyed how they sounded when sung accompanied by my acoustic guitar. I felt comfortable with the progress I had made on these new songs so I shut my ideas notebook and went to the shared kitchen to try and find something to eat.

Someone had already stacked the fridge up with energy drinks, eggs and butter. That was it.

Jesus fucking Christ, college kids don't know how to take care of themselves.

I sighed and shut the fridge door, deciding I'd go grocery shopping myself and buy non perishable food I could afford to keep in my room so our neighbours wouldn't eat them and I'd have decent ingredients to cook with.

I texted my mom letting her know I was going to go grocery shopping and using her credit card to pay for it since I hadn't finished paying mine. I went to my bedroom, unlocking the door and grabbing clean clothes from my suitcase.

I got dressed in sweatpants, an old baggy t-shirt, a large Nirvana hoodie and a beanie since I didn't want to brush my hair. I threw on some converse and grabbed my car keys out of my bag.

When I was walking out of the room, I bumped into Gerard. "Oh, hey, (Y/n). Where you going?"

"I'm going out grocery shopping and going to buy a mini fridge or a cooler so we can have decent food instead of the ungodly amounts of energy drinks and fucking eggs."

He looked mildly scared, "is that genuinely all there is in the community fridge?"

"And like three sticks of butter," I shifted my weight on onto one foot and bent my other knee slightly.

"Let me grab my wallet and I'll come with you," He shuffled his way into our room, he quickly came back out with his keys, wallet and a jacket lazily thrown over his shoulders. "Alright, let's go."

I nodded and we walked out, locking our room door behind us and quietly closing the door because there were people passed out in the community living room and we didn't particularly feel like waking them up. I had no clue if those bodies were from sleep deprived people, hungover people or drugged out people and I was not about to stay around and find out what was making them pass out in the living room.

We walked down towards the parking lot and I led Gerard to my car, we got in and made our way to the nearest store to buy food.

When we got back with our small grocery haul, there were surprisingly people still passed out around the living room. Some of these people were different from the ones that we saw earlier, so I could only assume they were high or incredibly sleep deprived.

I made my way through the bodies on the floor and managed to bring the small cooler we bought inside the room. We put most of our food in there and the rest we put in one of Gerard's moving boxes by the closet door.

I hope the first day of school comes soon, because I'm starting to get bored and annoyed at everything happening around me and I desperately want to meet some new people.

_____________

I was gonna post this yesterday but i had an appointment oopsie