22

~your POV~

My eyes fluttered open, trying to adjust to the bright lights overhead. The stench of cleaning supplies pierced my nose, and the plain colored walls along with the IV in my arm indicated that I was in the hospital.

I thought I was on my own but when I went to move my hair out of my face I felt someone holding onto my hand. I looked down to see pale skin and brittle, chewed up fingernails. My eyes moved from our interlocked hands to an arm in a grey hoodie, up to Gerard's face.

He was the one holding my hand.

I smiled at the sight, gently rubbing small circles on the top of his hand. While I was doing this, his eyes fluttered open, he seemed to struggle a bit with focusing on me but once he did, he smiled brightly hugged me tightly.

"Gerard, I can't breathe." I gasped out for air since he was squeezing me too tight.

"Sorry," he smiled gently at me, there were tears pouring out of his eyes and he quickly went to wipe them away. "Sorry about the tears, I just... I was so worried about you."

"I'm so sorry I scared you." I said sadly. 

He nodded and settled into his chair. "Can I ask you a question?"

"You just did." I grinned up at him.

"I mean like another thing."

"If you're going to ask me why I did it I'll just be straight up with you."

"Okay, please don't hold back."

"It wasn't because I was consumed by my depression or anything, I just went too far." I sighed and ran a pale hand through my hair.

"Too far? What do you mean?" Gerard furrowed his eyebrows in confusion.

"I was just cutting to release some stress and anger onto myself but I didn't mean to cut that deep or that much but by the time I realized what I had done, it was too late. I was already bleeding out onto the bathroom floor and I couldn't stop or call out for help. I was just paralysed, nowhere to run, no one to call out to for help. It was just me and my blades." I smiled weakly at him, "that was until you walked in. You found me. You saved me, and I am so incredibly thankful." I sniffled, not realizing I had started to cry mid story.

"I'm sorry." Gerard said after a few minutes in silence.

"Why are you apologizing? It should be me who's saying sorry and begging for forgiveness, all I've done is worry everyone with my problems." He didn't say anything, instead, he just hugged me. I couldn't contain myself and I just started bawling my eyes out into his shoulder while I held onto his side. "I-I'm sorry!" I said in an exasperated tone, I couldn't control my tears as I held on tightly to the back of Gerard's hoodie.

"Shh, it's okay," he whispered into my ear, "it'll all be okay, I won't let anyone hurt you. I promise you." He hugged me while gently rocking me back and forth as I was sat up on the bed at an awkward angle. He softly ran his fingers through my hair, whispering sweet words until I managed to calm myself down and my sobbing had subsided into small sniffles. 

I pulled away from Gerard, he brought his hoodie sleeve over his hand and gently wiped the tears from my face. He gently kissed the top of my head, making me blush and murmuring a soft "thanks," after what he did.

Another silence settled over us but this time it wasn't awkward or weird in any way, it was just nice, comforting in a way. I didn't realize until a couple moments after, our hands were interlocked but I did nothing about it and instead ran my thumb over Gerard's knuckles. He didn't do much aside from side eyeing me while a pale, pinkish-red colour coated his pale cheeks.