Lilith Rogers

CONSTANCE'S POV

" The dreams are back ." She said in a low whisper .

My heart dropped .

I slipped into a daze as I remembered how hard Lilith had cried , how she never let go of me , how she was shaking violently , how she screamed at the top of her lungs , pleading for me to stop the nightmares .

" Constance , I can't go through that again ." She said , tears falling from her ocean eyes .

" I know . I didn't think they'd be back ." I whispered .

" What do we do ?" She asked.

" I honestly don't know , love ." I whispered .

Clyde was sitting on the edge of the bed with me .

" Do you think you can make it through the night ?" Clyde asked , a little hesitant .

" Yeah , the dreams aren't that bad in the beginning ." She replied, laying back down .

" Are you sure ?" I asked , kind of stuttering .

I didn't want her to suffer , not again .

" Yeah , I'm sure ." She replied .

" Lilith , if anything happens , yell for me , okay ?" I asked , a little scared .

" Of course." She said .

" Okay ... goodnight , love ." I said , getting up to hug her . I kissed her on the head and walked out with Clyde close behind .

" I don't wanna leave her by herself ." I whispered to Clyde , who had his arms around me .

I snuggled more into his chest , " She'll be okay babe . You know she'll call you when she needs you ." He whispered , pulling me closer .

" Clyde , Im just scared . What's gonna happen when she's at her house and can't call me because she's panicking ?" I whispered .

" Baby , calm down please . She's gonna be okay . She's strong , and I'm sure her mom will call you when something happens ." He whispered , rubbing my back lightly .

I sighed , " Maybe you're right ." I whispered .

" Wanna go to the park tomorrow ? Just me , you , Caiden , Edith , and Lilith can hang out there , like old times ." He said , leaning forward to kiss my forehead lightly .

I smiled , " Yeah , I would love that ." I whispered , giving his lips a quick peak .

He smiled at me , showing me that smile that I loved so much .

" I love it when you smile ." I whispered .

" I love everything about you Constance , especially your attitude ."

I laughed a little as he watched me .

" Go to sleep kid ." I whispered , looking into his beautiful eyes .

He closed his before giving me a quick peek .

I watched as he slowly drifted into a deep sleep , breathing slowly .

I sighed as I ran my fingers through his messy hair , then tracing his flawless face , coming to a stop on his cheek .

" I love everything about you too ." I whispered .

" I won't let anyone hurt you again , I promise ."

I gave him a kiss on his forehead and closed my eyes , letting sleep take over me .

————————————————————————

I woke up to the sound of snoring .