Last Kiss

Constance's POV *

After I was done taking a shower and getting dressed , I left the bathroom and saw Cole sleeping peacefully on the bed , his shirt off and the covers laying on his hips and covering the rest . He was laying on his stomachs and his arms were under the pillow his head was on . He looked like a model .

I quietly walked towards the bed and got under the covers . His eyes opened slightly , trying to see who was in the bed with him . A small smile formed on his lips and he closed his eyes again .

I turned towards him and lifted my hand and swiped away a strand of hair that fell on his forehead . I continued to play with his hair as he fell back to sleep .

I know we're not going to be like this tomorrow . We'll go back to ignoring each other's presence . We'll go back to being each other's enemies , I thought to myself as I watched my love sleeping peacefully , oblivious to what I was thinking .

That kiss we shared today , is the last , I thought .

My chest felt hollow as I thought about tomorrow at school . Either we run into Alan , or we're going to go back to normal , hating each other in the public eye .

I sighed and removed my hand from Cole's hair . I turned away from him and closed my eyes , trying to remove the pain that formed in my chest caused by the overthinking in my chaotic mind .

I curl into a ball and tighten my grip on the covers as I closed my eyes tightly , trying to rid the overwhelming pain in my chest . I wanted to cry and break down . The pain was almost too much to bare . I hated this kind of pain . I've felt it only twice and this is the third time .

" Constance ?" A soft voice whispered .

I didn't reply but I felt a hand on my back , tracing patterns lightly .

" Turn around princess ." The soothing voice whispered .

I slowly uncurled myself and turned around , my eyes met ocean eyes .

" What's wrong ?" Cole whispered , his hand on my cheek , his thumb brushing it softly .

I shake my head , not trusting my voice .

" Constance ." Cole says firmly .

" I don't wanna talk about it ." I say , my voice breaking .

He sighed and pulled me into his chest , his arm wrapping around my waist . I snuggled into his neck and sighed .

I felt his hand tracing patterns on my back and I fell asleep to it .

________________________________

I woke up to light snoring and I opened my eyes and squinted at the person next to me .

Cole .

His arm was around my waist and his head was snuggled into my neck .

I groaned when I shifted my gaze from him . The sun was shining through a small space from the curtains .

Cole shifted slightly and groaned lowly .

I rolled my eyes . He's such a light sleeper .

Well , sometimes .

I grabbed my phone from the nightstand , trying not to make sudden movements to not wake Cole .

It was 7:00 .

I had to wake everyone up . We had to leave by 8:25 to get to school .

I turned back around towards Cole . I looked down at him and lifted my hand and placed it lightly on his cheek .